Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Other Hatchery

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • BYC member

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 32 29.1%

• Total voters
I'm a new fan of Buffs. I just got a female Buff duckling last week from Metzer's and Boy! is her personality entertaining and human oriented. I'm so glad I got a Buff instead of a different breed.

Big thanks to everybody for sharing their pictures. I loved looking through them. I have a playlist of my girls in my signature and I'll probably come back to post some pictures here once mine is grown up.

Last edited:
These are my Buff Orpington Ducks. Hans (the drake in the first and last picture) and little Gretel, my hen (in the last three). Now, Hans and Gretel have been joined by a rescue duck I named Rosa (I think she is a Rouen or Mallard) and just yesterday I found my first egg in their house!!!!!!!!
woot.gif
Now just to figure out who laid it... Gretel or Rosa?
wink.png

Ooo I LOVE the gentle, muted color change of Hans' head (as opposed to being a very dark colored head). Very, very pretty.

Thank you, Here is my 3 year old son holding one. We got 5 ducklings. One is darker. Drake I hope.

I just purchased 6 Buff Orpington ducks under a year that recently started laying as per sellers words. 1 drake and 5 hens. They are beautiful and I'm enjoying them very much. My question is this, how long will it usually take them to get use to their new home and start laying again? I got them this past Sunday so it hasn't been that long. I'm just excited and impatient for my first duck eggs..lol..

Enjoy those buffs, whenever i have purchased adult layers to add to the flock, as soon as they were back into a rythm at their new home they started back laying, 2 weeks was the average adjustment time for me

Does anyone following this thread raise Buff Ducks for exhibition? I'd like to start raising some of our birds for show, but wanted to talk with someone who's experienced with this breed to see what we can expect. I know some breeds are seem to do better than others.

Back
Top Bottom