The BYC Game Cam Thread (Add Your Own Pics!)

Yep, interestingly enough, these "town" coons are fat & sassy, with a nice glossy coat, thanks to the neighbors who always leave out high protein cat food.
th.gif
I live about 12 miles from a lady who was recently attacked by 5 coons:Lakeland Woman Attacked By Coons
I don't have a live trap yet, but I did purchase my first ever firearm this past Friday (a .22). When the owner of the gun shop found out what I needed it for, he gave me a special target to use for practice:

24456_predators_001_resize.jpg

I knew I would need something for predator control (I know I wouldn't be able to do the drowning thing, although I know it's a good method), I just thought it would be later than sooner.
hmm.png
The gun shop owner said that we also have coyotes that come in on the west side of town; they're being pushed off some reclaimed phosphate land that is being developed. Some people in his neighborhood were losing their pet outdoor cats, and he finally saw a coyote running down an alley early one morning.

Is that a 10.22? I have one of those for squirrle. I have no respect for coons. Hunted them a time or two. The only preditor I know I have had so far is possum. I when out to check on the girls one morning and a possum was on the fence not four feet from me. I hissed at it and chunked a piece of 2x4 at it. I reckond I need to get me a trap or a camera. He was a bold little bugger! (bout to be a dead one if'n he comes back around again!)

I don't think I have ever seen a possum/opossum. I had a gentler nicer image of them before I started hearing about how they are almost as bad as raccoons as predators. The picture on this thread startled me. I had no idea they were so big. I think my main memory of possums is from "The Beverly Hillbillies" TV show and Granny talking about possum soup. I looked at pictures on-line this week and concluded that the are definitely not cute and cuddly. The are scary looking critters when they have their teeth barred. I went to grade school in Southern Georgia. I saw a few water moccasins, but don't remember even hearing about coons or possums. Of course, I used to have a cute and cuddly image of coons too...until I started reading here.

Quote:
Nice gun! I've got the same one... Get yourself some bulk packs of .22 for practice (the 10/22 will eat about any ammo) and get some CCI MiniMags for the hunt... Good Luck!!!

I checked my cam again today, only had a few pics but I figured I'd add a couple.

This is what happens when you have a brother that's home visiting your parents and him and his dog decide to visit the cam...
MDGC0001.jpg

I'm almost positive my brother's dog went to the bathroom and this grey fox passed through a couple hours later and noticed.
MDGC0002.jpg

I've got 1 pic of a buck and here he is again finally with his antlers all grown in...I have a feeling he'll be a nice deer next year.
MDGC0008.jpg

Heres pics from late last night and the night before from one of our cameras. date is not set and the time was not set, but we figured there coming through the Field and hanging around at like 1 and 2 am in our pasture..
They have a scrap right below the bent birch tree. He looks to be an 11 pointer and good inside spread. I'm glad no one got-um yet..

buckpics001.jpg

buckpics003.jpg

buckpics004.jpg

buckpics005.jpg

buckpics006.jpg

buckpics007.jpg

buckpics008.jpg

Last edited:
My game cam finally came yesterday. I'm not sure how to access pictures. Can anyone help? It's a Moultrie - can't find model number on it. I'm guessing I turn it to "auto" and turn it on, which I am going to do this afternoon, but how do I know if it has taken pictures and how do I access them? The instructions aren't very helpful.

I just carry my personal digital camera with me when checking the game cam and pop out the SD card and review it on the personal camera, if anything good i take another formated SD card and replace and take the SD card home with pic's on and down load right onto the computer. Then clear all pics from that SD card and when needed to replace the one in the game cam upon checking it..

Cool pix, my dog tells me when we have an oppossum out back and I simply catch them and take them off (away from my home) and release them. I catch them with a 3 foot piece of pvc pipe with a loop of braided wire run through it. I simply place it over their heads (their so dumb they freeze and think you can't see them) pull it tight and lift them into a trash can and transport them off. I don't kill them only cause I don't want to have dig a hole and bury them.

Back
Top Bottom