The calm, quiet, and sane.

It's hardly been calm and quiet here! We just had 4 baby goats born! 2 of them were MASSIVE babies, about twice the size they normally are, AND were mispresented! Their mother had QUITE a hard time having them. Now we're waiting on 3 does. One of them is my favorite little problem girl. First year, prolapsing, and dead baby, second year, 2 dead babies (first one was stillborn, the second died 2 months after).

There is no calm and quiet here!

It's hardly been calm and quiet here! We just had 4 baby goats born! 2 of them were MASSIVE babies, about twice the size they normally are, AND were mispresented! Their mother had QUITE a hard time having them. Now we're waiting on 3 does. One of them is my favorite little problem girl. First year, prolapsing, and dead baby, second year, 2 dead babies (first one was stillborn, the second died 2 months after). 

There is no calm and quiet here!
Wow... Goats are a handful!

Well, all of the goats had their babies except for one who will have it/them about mid March. Now we're working on bottlefeeding 2 babies, and another smaller one who we feed about 3 times a day just because she's very little and doesn't get much food since she's pushed out of the way all the time. We're also taking care of our one legged, crossbeaked, blind in one eye, house chicken. We were also caring for a turkey, but she passed away yesterday.

*panting*

So what have you been up to?

Well, all of the goats had their babies except for one who will have it/them about mid March. Now we're working on bottlefeeding 2 babies, and another smaller one who we feed about 3 times a day just because she's very little and doesn't get much food since she's pushed out of the way all the time. We're also taking care of our one legged, crossbeaked, blind in one eye, house chicken. We were also caring for a turkey, but she passed away yesterday. 

*panting*

So what have you been up to?
A lot less than you have... :oops:

I did help my uncle get his antique Farmall Super A tractor running. For the first time in a few years!

I may have also found a source form some fertile bantam eggs. No clue what breed they are, but they are very colorful!

A lot less than you have...
hide.gif

I did help my uncle get his antique Farmall Super A tractor running. For the first time in a few years!

I may have also found a source form some fertile bantam eggs. No clue what breed they are, but they are very colorful!
Wow, a tractor! We could certainly use that here! Does he take the tractor into shows, or use it around his place?

Wow, a tractor! We could certainly use that here! Does he take the tractor into shows, or use it around his place?
Actually, it has been sitting in his (previously his fathers) barn for who know how many years. It needs a little bit of work to get back into good shape, but it would make a very nice show tractor.

Back
Top Bottom