the chicks pacifier

burnout95

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2016
Mayfield KY
We all know the lighting is the chicks pacifier and thay half to be broken and trained. Yesterday I had a idea on training them. I knew it had to be done because there getting real close to being put in the coop. So I tryed it on my 6 week old chicks. All I did is put a peace of card bored over half of there container now I had it half dark and half light. I did that yesterday. This morning I moved the card board and made it more dark than light. I stayed about three hours in my chick nursery on the couch. Yes I put a couch in with my chicks I love watching them do there thing. But any way about an hour after I moved the card board to chicks went over to the dark side.lol.. Well when I done my last check on them low and behold thay all was asleep so i went ahead and turned there light off and backed up and all I heard was silence. Even after I left I didn't hear a peep.

When chicks get old enough. . I use a timer.. so light only comes on at night when it's cold.. pretty soon after they don't even need that. Once feathered and old enough no light required.

When chicks get old enough. . I use a timer.. so light only comes on at night when it's cold.. pretty soon after they don't even need that. Once feathered and old enough no light required.
that's right!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom