The Cows are Coming!!!! I am hoping today!!!!

nccatnip

Songster
12 Years
Aug 5, 2007
Piedmont area NC
I have leased (actually donated) a large portion of my land to pasture some heifers for a young guy getting started in cattle. His family is a large producer of top quality cattle and he is interested in creating a new breed mix. With our hay shortage and my need for my fields to be cleaned up it seemed like a perfect fit. So after many months of waiting, everything is ready and hopefully the cows will be delivered today. It is pretty cool as I wanted some cows and this could turn out to be pretty interesting to see what he creates. Yea for me, more animals but all I have to do is enjoy. He does all the work!!!
He tells me the cows are friendly so no worries about getting hurt feeding them treats.

That will be a great set-up and will keep your open pasture open and like you said none of the work or expense! How many will he be bringing in? Neat way to start off the new year.

and when they get big enough, one could mysteriously fall into your freezer.
bun.gif
wee.gif
th.gif

Last edited:
I used to love to go to my granddaddy's farm in West Ga. My sister and I sat on his Black Angus bull occasionally. Then much, much later, while stationed at Hill AFB in Utah for the second time, we bought a house across from a huge pasture. I loved to watch the cows and the farmer riding his tractor with his dog loping along in front. The cows would chase the dog then the dog would chase the cows. It was very peaceful. Chickens have brought back some of that peace to my life.

Back
Top Bottom