The Designer Egg Chain Swap Chat Thread

Hatch Update:

Total of 54 so far pulled and put in the brooder.

Black Jersey Giant x Green Eggers = 9
Easter Eggers = 11
Alohas = 15
Aloha Naked Neck = 3
Supposed to be NN but not =1
Naked Neck x Golden Comet = 2
Marans (assorted colors) = 4
Crossbred (assorted mixes) = 9

Some pictures of a few of the babies

I have 30 chicks picked out for growing out for myself. Naked Necks, Easter Eggers, Marans, and Aloha chickens.

I also have 48 Sebrights eggs on for a April 23rd hatch. Crossed Golden and Buff. Depends in how they turn out may be keeping a few of those.

Last edited:

You can get some awfully cute chicks from the Designer Egg Swap Thread.

These were some from my flock. They will no longer be available as I no longer have tge rooster that produced these. I will have many more designer eggs available sooner or later.

I agree. Here are a few I have gotten from swaps.

this one is from my own flock...an EE possible OE. After seeing this one I put 8 more green eggs in the bator.

this little thing came from @dustystrail. I have 2 and named them PeeWee and Peanut.

this one is Poof...nuff said.
this turkey baby is from @jessshan8 and I call it Little Love...cause it is the sweetest and calmest little turkey.
1f60d.png

Last edited:
I'm decreasing my flock. I'm getting down to 5 Naked Neck hen lines and 1 line that has a Naked Neck hen her aunt that looks like as EE but is half Naked Neck. The EE/NN hens 3/4 NN hen but lays a green egg. So there will be 6 lines altogether.

Have seen some movement on the Designer Egg Swap chain today.

Lets keep it rolling.

I'm looking for Naked Necks myself.

Last edited:
Been awake sine 2:45 a.m. Cannot go back to sleep.

Got a job interview @ 9:00, I just keep thinking about most likely the reason I can't sleep.

So here I am sitting up looking at BYC and watching Law & Order.

Back
Top Bottom