The Designer Egg Chain Swap Chat Thread

Got my Naked Neck/Golden Conet cross eggs in the mail today. Nice large eggs. They were from learycow.

New pullet laying. One day shy of 24 weeks.
This is a first egg weight of 2oz.

It is dark green egg not quite olive colored. This is from one if my Green Egger Naked Neck project birds.

Since posting of the above last week the 24 week old pullets ( yesterday they were 24 weeks) out of the seven pullet 4 are now laying. Here are the next three eggs.
This one was laid day before yesterday the 25th. Another large egg for a pullet. This I've was 2 1/2 oz. only problem it was a brown egg.

Both if these were from yesterday the 26th. Now these are pullet sized eggs. 1 brown and 1 green.

I'm not so worried about the brown eggs. My plans are if I can figure out which ones lay which eggs when I'm ready to start hatching from them is to separate the brown egg layers and put with a Easter Egger rooster and tge green egg layers 1/2 with Naked Neck rooster and 1/2 with a Easter Egger. My young GENN rooster will get two hens each of Easter Egger and Naked Neck.

Last edited:
Why is it that when I decide not to hatch anymore chicks for awhile that all the good eggs suddenly become available for trade or purchase?

I not saying I didn't get good deals from the ones I got its just I've been looking for certain breeds for awhile and nothing available.

Thanks to all that have shipped me eggs and gave me some deals on eggs.

I've putting off hatching any more until September ( so I day right now), I always hatch some around my birthday to give myself a present.

Getting ready for tomorrow auction. Don't have anything much to take.

My cousin is sending about six roosters along with me to sale. I also have three dozen hatching eggs.

Put 77 eggs I the hatcher today with another 35 going into the hatcher tomorrow.

Friday I will be setting another 54 Sebright eggs into the incubator on Friday. They are supposed to be Golden and Buff mix.
Anyone know what color they'll be?

Last edited:
From my Easter Hatch-A-Long hatch so far:
Black Jersey Giant x Green Eggers = 2
Easter Eggers. = 7
Aloha's. = 11
Silkie x Polish. = 2
This totals 22. These have been pulled out if the hatcher and put into the brooder.

I still have 7 that I have not pulled from the hatcher yet.

Back
Top Bottom