The Duck Thread

There was a lot of death. I trying to get rid of infection parasite or other bacteria . The site say in my case to fumigate. To make sure there is nothing that will effect next hatch when ever it is.
Are the eggs dirty? I looked at your candling pics and I thought some of them looked dirty, but maybe I just didn't see it right.

Today's the day! I think one of my Pekin girls has gone broody. I went to let them out this morning and she was sitting but came out and when I looked outside a little later she was back on the nest. She got off again though grabbed food and a quick swim and is now back on the nest again.
Yeah!
fl.gif
for some healthy babies.

CONGRATS!

Help! A fox got one of my chickens and my drake went after the fox to protect everyone and got attacked. I have wiped down the wound as best as I could an I can't actually see much but it looks like he just has a small puncher wound. What do I do?

The first picture is before I wiped him down. He is walking and seems ok I guess I'm think in gonna keep him in with me today and put him back with the girls tomorrow
Yeah it isn't bleeding anymore and he seems ok. He is chilling in a laundry basket with some blankets and water with apple cider vinegar.
Sorry to hear about the fox. I sure hope you get it or can get it before it strikes again. Happy to hear there's no more bleeding. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Day 35 on Scovy eggs in the bator. Doesn't look good
sad.png
I discarded 2 DIS on day 32. 3 remain and have no internal pips. Thank goodness my Blanche went broody. She's sitting on 14 eggs
fl.gif

Put first aid ointment on him. Neaporien or poultry would care on him. What's appropriate for chicken ducks turkey ect. Wash it in warm water and epic salt tell it heals. Bites can have lot of effects on your flock. Don't put him with other birds tell he heals completely.

Back
Top Bottom