The EE braggers thread!!!

Pretty boys! When I am deciding which rooster to keep, I let them grow out and choose the one with the best temperament, rather than the one I think is the prettiest. Especially with EEs, you never know what the chicks will look like so chances are even if you don't end up with the prettiest colored roo, the chicks can still come out looking neat, and hey, maybe they will inherit his good nature too!

The one on the right will be more colorful as an adult but I agree with the pp's, I chose my roo based on personality. The one that won out was the guy that sat on my arm while I gardened and came running when the kids called him for worm treats. :) The other was aloof and was always biting when we'd try to handle him.

Same here I didn't keep the best looking one but the charmer. Mr friendly the kids call him. He thinks he is a parrot. He peeps at my feet till I pick him up and pet him or let him ride on my shoulder while feeding the others. Never have I had a rooster that wants to cuddle! Here's a picture of him at 8 weeks old

here is Bunny, my EE. She is 5 1/2 weeks old here. Tried to load up another one of her but it wouldn't load.

Cute!!! Oh, and
welcome-byc.gif
!!

I was very lucky in that my EE roo was very timid. He was about 3-4 months old when we got him. I handled him daily & he is a very nice rooster. He is also the first rooster I ever had. I just now hatched some babies off him & do not know if I will keep any cockerels or not but I hand feed them & handle them daily. So maybe whoever gets them will get a friendly one. But yeas I agree go for personality not flash.

I posted on here when my girls were about 12 or 13 weeks old so I thought I would update their pics. I think I only got new pics of 2 out of the 3 girls.

Here is Rose at 19 weeks 2 days oh and I did get the 3rd girl there is Ocean in the background

Ocean to the left Rose to the right

And here is Stella also 19weeks 2 days (shes playing wheres Stella lol)

"Aww shucks you found me"

We got our first egg yesterday from I think one of our Barred rocks so I know the EEs will be laying soon. Cant wait for those colored eggs!!!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom