The EE braggers thread!!!

Ok...so I have new Pict's as well! :) mine are 8-9 weeks now...I started with 5 girls and a boy and now have 3 girls and a boy...they kept finding ways to escape and out of my 23 chickens they were the only ones to do it
barnie.gif
The roo is very, very sweet but the hens are a bit uppity
rant.gif
...but I still love them!

"daddy's rooster" as we call him hehe

he is just starting to get some red feathers :)

penny :)

penny's head :)

muffs! :)

and Bertha with a hamburg roo..she was always a huge chick!

and one more :)

ok, I have learned something very important today. DO NOT WEAR SANDLES OUTSIDE WITH YOUR CHICKENS IF YOU JUST PAINTED YOUR TOENAILS RED!!! Hahaha! I had to do some quick dancing to get back in the house with my toes intact!!

ok, I have learned something very important today. DO NOT WEAR SANDLES OUTSIDE WITH YOUR CHICKENS IF YOU JUST PAINTED YOUR TOENAILS RED!!! Hahaha! I had to do some quick dancing to get back in the house with my toes intact!!

I did the same thing..but mine had Navy blue tips with a white flower and a rhinestone in the center. The turkeys were fascinated as well as my Spitzhauben crackhead chickens.

This is Cinder, my favorite pullet. She is hatched from a Silkie/Cochin hen and her father is a EE/Barred Rock. The photo doesn't look like much but she is pretty neat looking. She has golden barred markings with a little crest and greenish feathered legs.

I was wondering what qualifies an Easter Egger as a "breed". I know that they are mixed but what features do that have to have to qualify? The reason I ask is eventually I want to sell chicks and I have been breeding Silkie (because I love the crests and crazy toes) mixed birds to EE (because I love green eggs and hybrid vitality) mixed birds and I was wanting to know which chicks qualify to be sold as Easter Eggers without misrepresenting the "breed".

Last edited:
This is Cinder, my favorite pullet. She is hatched from a Silkie/Cochin hen and her father is a EE/Barred Rock. The photo doesn't look like much but she is pretty neat looking. She has golden barred markings with a little crest and greenish feathered legs.

I was wondering what qualifies an Easter Egger as a "breed". I know that they are mixed but what features do that have to have to qualify? The reason I ask is eventually I want to sell chicks and I have been breeding Silkie (because I love the crests and crazy toes) mixed birds to EE (because I love green eggs and hybrid vitality) mixed birds and I was wanting to know which chicks qualify to be sold as Easter Eggers without misrepresenting the "breed".
welcome-byc.gif
and the Easter Egger Thread!

Hatchery EEs are left overs from some Ameraucana projects that became EE. Hatcheries still call them Ameraucanas but they really aren't any more. Others like yours are any blue, green or pink egg layers that are mixed together.

When I saw yours I sad Wow!
love.gif

EEs aren't really a breed. You can have predictable looks and colors from the Hatchery EEs. Yours could look like anything though and are all similar to mutts with dogs.

I absolutely love them. I have EEs that are Dorking Ameraucana crosses.

Ron

Beautiful bird. Below I posted an older copy of a discription for an EE. By now it has changed to include Cream Legbar in the mix. Since EE is not a breed, I would think that an EE would include any bird that comes from a flock where the breeder's intent is to cross birds which may contain some but not all of the traits of birds that may breed not true and lay a variety of egg colors. The goal being eggs that may be green or blue. Your bird is classified as an EE because she has some EE in her mix

Easter Egg Layer/EE/Americana

can have Ameraucana traits but is not an Ameraucana b/c to be so it must be a recognized variety from standardized color varieties and breed true
EE's are common, from mixed breeding with Ameraucanas and Araucanas and hatcheries
Comb:any-Buttercup, Cushion, Pea, Rose, Single, Strawberry, V-Shaped
Wattles:possible
Ear Tuffs:possible
Eye:any
Earlobe:any
Features:can have muffs and a beard
Beak:any
Skin:any
Legs:any or green
Eggs:has blue egg gene, eggs are blue, gr
One important aspect of the EE is that it will not breed true which means that you can not predict what the offsprings will look like. Sort of like a box of mixed chocolate candies. Maybe EE could be called the Forest Gump's breed.
lau.gif

That is an awesome looking chicken! I would buy chicks from you that look like that! Love the crest and coloring!

As for an EE definition, I think most people are expecting the blue/green egg gene (or pink!), and would be disappointed with white or brown eggs. So any chicken of mixed heritage that carries the blue egg gene could be an EE. Features such as pea comb, beard/muffs, and slate/green legs will make it more recognizable as an EE.

Does your pullet have a pea comb? If that adorable little girl lays a blue/green egg, you have a winner!

So glad you joined BYC and the EE thread. Hope to see more pics!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom