The EE braggers thread!!!

From what I've read, EE's start laying later than other chickens - is that true? I have three Wyandottes (one Columbian, 2 Golden-laced) which are about 16 weeks old. I'm expecting them to start laying in about a month - late September, at 20 weeks or so. My two EE's are a few weeks younger - one is probably 14 weeks, the other 12 or 13. Since the days are getting shorter, can I even expect them to lay at all before spring?

From what I've read, EE's start laying later than other chickens - is that true? I have three Wyandottes (one Columbian, 2 Golden-laced) which are about 16 weeks old. I'm expecting them to start laying in about a month - late September, at 20 weeks or so. My two EE's are a few weeks younger - one is probably 14 weeks, the other 12 or 13. Since the days are getting shorter, can I even expect them to lay at all before spring?

I got EE's from ideal hatchery and from a breeder in florida and they started laying at 5 months old.

I am getting rid of most of my EEs, but keeping these and a few other pullets. I hatched these in mid to late April this year and that grass measures 12". I like mine big. lol

Yes I know, I am not worried about them not being Sex linked I knew they wouldn't and i will only be keeping the barred offspring and using them for breeding, I also love the black ones too and will be working with them as well. I just wish I could find an unrelated Black EE Roo to the gals I have that is roughly their same age.

Yes I know, I am not worried about them not being Sex linked I knew they wouldn't and i will only be keeping the barred offspring and using them for breeding, I also love the black ones too and will be working with them as well. I just wish I could find an unrelated Black EE Roo to the gals I have that is roughly their same age.

Troll Craigslist and other sites like Hoobly, Oodle or ebay classifieds. If you have a local feed store let them know your looking that type of roo. Around my area a lot of people post up chickens/roos, among other livestock, with our local feed store who then post it all online and in store.

Your roo is very stunning, you will have to put up more pics as he matures!  I have two EEs that look very much like Fern - Still have no idea what to name them :/
Will you be hatching any of his offspring or letting the girls hatch some?(when he's ready of course :p )

Haha thanks. He was my first assisted hatch! He piped on hatch day, and on the wrong end. The next day he was all dried out with a little hole. He was okay after I helped him! His mother was an EE, father most likely a SLW. I want to hatch his babies so badly!!! I don't have an incubator, so hopefully I'll have a broody. But I don't know if my parents will let me hatch anymore... :p . With that hatch, I know there are 2 other Roos. They're also pretty... But I only have hens di I probably can't keep them for long if they start crowing, lol. I'll post more pics when he matures :)

He had bumble foot, poor thing, oh well atleast I caught it warly, and removed the infection. hes fine now, I am sure being se[erated from the flock is a little frustrating though.

Back
Top Bottom