The EE braggers thread!!!

Blue egg alert

Hello, so we got our first EE eggs, depending on the lighting it it light blue or almost a greenish tint. Here is a shot of it,it was 40 grams, unsure of who is the first EE that laid. I am trying to be a detective to figure out which out if our 23 hens is laying which eggs and which ones are laying or not. You can see how large it is compared to the eggs that were all collected yesterday.

Well, howdy-do -you're girl started out with a bang on that one!

One of my Easter Egger hens snuck away for a month and hatched out a clutch of six chicks! Her rooster was a Light Brahma. I'm having fun watching the chicks and trying to guess what they will look like, sex, and egg colors. They have very sparse leg feathering and are shades of brown and white and black and white (so far) and all with yellow legs. But they are not even a month old yet.

One of my Easter Egger hens snuck away for a month and hatched out a clutch of six chicks!  Her rooster was a Light Brahma.  I'm having fun watching the chicks and trying to guess what they will look like, sex, and egg colors.  They have very sparse leg feathering and are shades of brown and white and black and white (so far) and all with yellow legs.  But they are not even a month old yet.

Congrats on the babies! We have a Dark Brahma/EE pullet. She is cokored like a dark Brahma, but is EE size and build. She should start laying any day now.

So sorry to hear about Honey! And all the other losses. Yay for the new eggs! This thread really moves along. I so wish I could have a rooster - there are some gorgeous EE roos posted.
Still waiting for my Penny to lay. Her face is getting so red but won't squat yet.

So sorry to hear about Honey! And all the other losses. Yay for the new eggs! This thread really moves along. I so wish I could have a rooster - there are some gorgeous EE roos posted.
Still waiting for my Penny to lay. Her face is getting so red but won't squat yet.

Thanks for Thoughts on Honey.

We got our second blue egg today it is Little One...here is a shot if her.

Here is a shot of yesterday's egg and today's. Yesterday's was 40 grams today was just over 30. Today's was more of a deeper color.

So to Rooster'sLew and Jerry, since she is an EE and she will be bred to a BO roo, would the eggs be olive or does that make the offspring an Olive Egger?

Back
Top Bottom