The Evolution of Atlas: A Breeding (and Chat) Thread

Again, you are referring to closed vaccines, that have been proven to work.

If you choose to vaccinate, that's fine. I choose not to. These are choices each owner has to decide for themselves. Different climate conditions, different soil conditions, different pathogens particular to each area, all play an important part in how each person chooses to manage their flock. It's not a one size fits all situation.

Last edited:
...and CHICKS! LOL
My Genesis seems to rate the humidity a tad low from what my analog hygro always says, has from the time I got it. I don't usually run my first-18-days humidity that high, but I just let it go down over the first couple of days and settle in around 40-45%, though I do let it go as low as 35% before adding water, normally.
In one pic you can see the temp (I use my Spot Check to, well, spot check the unit temp) and one you can see the humidity level.
DSC01354.JPG
DSC01355.JPG

I feel that way sometimes, but then i remember eggs are cheap. Or free, if they are from your hens.
Mine that I'm hatching are usually purchased eggs, so I prefer to leave that job to a hen. If I ever plan to hatch my own eggs I probably would fire up the incubator and give it a try. I'm holding on to my incubator so that must be a future plan of mine that I'm currently unaware of.

Then, how would I ever be able to send you any Brahma eggs? ;)
I use my broody bantams to hatch everything. It's an adorable sweatshop that I'm running.

I'd have to pull those Brahma chicks as they hatch and brood them myself. They wouldn't be able to stay under my bantams long, the Brahma chicks would probably be the same size in a week as the bantam hen, and that crazy fighting that they do is more suited to the turkey pen. :)

I use my broody bantams to hatch everything. It's an adorable sweatshop that I'm running.

View attachment 1314538

I'd have to pull those Brahma chicks as they hatch and brood them myself. They wouldn't be able to stay under my bantams long, the Brahma chicks would probably be the same size in a week as the bantam hen, and that crazy fighting that they do is more suited to the turkey pen. :)

You are such a slave driver! Let those hens go! LOL. Actually, that fighting lasts basically a few hours one afternoon and it's done. They get it all out at one time and the order is settled, or that's how it's always been. But, yeah, they'd outgrow those bantams in no time. Even the Rocks are as large as my D'Anvers within 7-8 weeks so the Brahmas, being so tall, would probably take 5-6.

Back
Top Bottom