THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

Pics
Boo. Our only one laying on the regular got eaten by either a hawk or a dog. Not sure which. We just found the body.

Alas poor Shakespeare. He hath cross-ed the road.

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and clucks her hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more: it is a tale

Told by a rooster, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.
I am so sorry

Pretty sure it's Maranda. Today's was darker than yesterday's. Eggs for breakfast tomorrow! 20170902_145851.jpg

Here's the first six baby green eggs I got from Maisie, my first EE. Each one is a little bigger than the last. She was only 18 weeks when she laid the first one. As of today she's laid one every day for 13 straight days! I've never had a hen that laid more than 6 days without a break. Her twin sister, Daisy, is now almost 20 weeks and not an egg in sight. I call her Lazy Daisy :rolleyes:

eggs.jpg

Someone picked up Shakespeare's slack. A bit. We had another egg. We think it was Susan, because she tolerated Noah's advances. Buffy tried to get in the people house to avoid him, and Dottie scared him away.

Here's the first six baby green eggs I got from Maisie, my first EE. Each one is a little bigger than the last. She was only 18 weeks when she laid the first one. As of today she's laid one every day for 13 straight days! I've never had a hen that laid more than 6 days without a break. Her twin sister, Daisy, is now almost 20 weeks and not an egg in sight. I call her Lazy Daisy :rolleyes:

View attachment 1127225
I can't wait till my EEs start laying me some green or blue eggs. Mine are 18 weeks old.

Boo. Our only one laying on the regular got eaten by either a hawk or a dog. Not sure which. We just found the body.

Alas poor Shakespeare. He hath cross-ed the road.

Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player

That struts and clucks her hour upon the stage

And then is heard no more: it is a tale

Told by a rooster, full of sound and fury,

Signifying nothing.
Kate Your writing is really great. This one is sad but good writing

That's a nice assortment of eggs
The hens did all the work. They are pretty aren't they!? I can't wait for my Leghorns and other brown layers to start. Each of the brown layers should be a different shade. Then the white from the Leghorns and Mary's teal. It'll be a very attractive assortment. :D

The hens did all the work. They are pretty aren't they!? I can't wait for my Leghorns and other brown layers to start. Each of the brown layers should be a different shade. Then the white from the Leghorns and Mary's teal. It'll be a very attractive assortment. :D
Yes it will be a pretty assortment. I can't wait to see them too :)

Back
Top Bottom