THE FIRST EGG MY CHICKENS LAID

Pics
Pretty sure Mary gave me two yolks in this one. She almost doubled in size overnight!
I have two hens turning 26 weeks this week. I'm starting to tell them "eggs or meat, the choice is yours." Lol

Thinking about getting into quail. 20170906_203450.jpg

I got my first squat yesterday! LOL My SLH is really close, according to her comb and wattles and her going into the nest boxes and discussing it with herself... But I always try to pet anybody who stays still for me when I walk into the run. For the first time ever, she did stay still, and then squatted. LOL I was so excited about it, I grabbed her rump and gave her a shake like people have talked about on here.... My first egg should be soon!!! Yay!!!

I got my first squat yesterday! LOL My SLH is really close, according to her comb and wattles and her going into the nest boxes and discussing it with herself... But I always try to pet anybody who stays still for me when I walk into the run. For the first time ever, she did stay still, and then squatted. LOL I was so excited about it, I grabbed her rump and gave her a shake like people have talked about on here.... My first egg should be soon!!! Yay!!!
Whoo Hooo! Maybe soon :)

We have a second layer - Susan picked up Shakespeare's slack... almost, we're not quite up to one egg a day yet. And our third potential layer is Buffy. Two days in a row she's sequestered herself, muttering angrily, and when I pick her up, she lets me hold her for a bit, then when I let her go, she goes directly to the nesting box. She was still there a few minutes later.

I've increased the nesting box cleaning to twice a week, but if they're happier laying in fresh straw, I'm willing to do more.

Oh and we've got another roo. Two of our three easter eggers are boys. C'mon Violet don't let me down.

Anyone ever seen this before? The crease in the shell? It's probably a double yolk but never saw it like this before.
20170908_193353.jpg

My EE, Hazel, laid our first little blue egg yesterday at 19 weeks. Such a lovely day. I was hoping that one of my two EE would give blue eggs. I can't wait to see what my other girls give, and when. Hopefully soon!

Attachments

• IMG_20170908_164645_152.jpg
    IMG_20170908_164645_152.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom