The fish tank thread.

I think this fish tank thread has turned into a pond thread.
smile.png

Here's a fish tank pic to get me back on topic --

This is one of the 75s

I would love to set up two tanks in the house. One with freshwater angels and the other one as a guppy display tank.

Sorry about so much pond talk but I get obsessed.

The fish that was showing signs of ich is now nowhere to be found. I think Gary ate him. I'm still going to leave the temperature at 86 for a full 10 days just to be safe.

We also added a few more fish yesterday. 1 male Betta, 2 female Bettas, 12 Neon Tetras, 1 Blue Dwarf Gourami (relacement fish), 1 Red Tail Shark and 8 Zebra Danios.

Over 50 fish and it still looks empty.

Well, that's a first - had noticed decreased flow the last few days from the spray bar of the filter on the 75 pictured above.....nothing terribly serious, but definite lack of flow from several of the holes. Today was water change day anyway so I figured I might as well take a look at it - ran my hand across the bar expecting to knock loose some "gunk clogs" and instead felt a nice, neat row of "spikes"
hmm.png
Took me a minute and then I realized that the Malaysian Trumpet Snails must have gotten into the filter and the force of the water flowing out has pushed them, pointy end first, right into each of the holes in the spray bar -- perfect little corks. The other tanks we have MTS in have filters without spray bars so this hasn't been an issue in them.

Back
Top Bottom