The fish tank thread.

Oops I messed up... ! I'm now planning on 4 kuhli loaches, 5 guppies or so, and ten shrimp and snails. I don't want too many top or middle swimming fish, but mostly focus on the kuhlis and shrimp. Thanks lsky!
-Liv

You're welcome. Shrimp are beautiful, so are guppies. Good luck with your tank. If you need more help there's a couple of fish keeping forums you could join, and plenty of youtubers you could watch. Again, I'm no fish expert so take what I say with a pinch of salt. :)

Last edited:
Now I'm planning on a planted shrimp tank, 20 gal. Anybody have one? What should be the pH levels, etc? I won't be adding the shrimp till October and I'm getting the tank in September
-Liv

All I know is that mandarin gobies are extremely hard to keep alive for a newbie. I don't own any saltwater tanks, but I've been told many of the common species are bad for beginners. The most highly recommended marine fish I believe is clowns, inexpensive and less picky because they are now captive bred.
Hello! I want to get a 20 gallon saltwater tank with a Mandarin goby. Could I keep peppermint shrimp with him? Or what other species. And if not, what groups of fish would be good in a saltwater. Is it possible to have a "crustacean tank" with a bunch of crabs and shrimp with a maybe a Mandarin goby?
Or
If I got a 20 gallon freshwater, what is a strange, different fish I could keep in their? I'm fine with a bunch of normalish fish but I want a freshwater tank that would stand out. I was thinking freshwater puffer but they need 30 gal. Thanks!( Sorry for all the questions)
-Liv

I'll post a list of unique freshwater fish soon
1f609.png

lol I have always had excellent timing (Not) lol. But actually I don't have a name, I'm lame like that. I've been keeping fish since I was 12, so I mainly keep tanks more or less for the plants now. She's very pink though, I got her from petsmart (I think). She was very tiny at the time, she's probably the fattest one I've ever owned. Granted, I've only ever had 4 Bettas. I have a male in a 37g with 8 neons, I'll have to post a pic of that tank, it's one of my favorites.

I just got around to taking a pic lol.
it's not looking its finest right now, I've been busy with my birds lately
1f602.png

All I know is that mandarin gobies are extremely hard to keep alive for a newbie. I don't own any saltwater tanks, but I've been told many of the common species are bad for beginners. The most highly recommended marine fish I believe is clowns, inexpensive and less picky because they are now captive bred.

I'll post a list of unique freshwater fish soon
1f609.png
Ok thanks!
1f603.png

-Liv

Back
Top Bottom