The Front Porch Swing

Good Morning fellow Porchers, :)  checking in to wish everyone a very happy, fruitful and blessed day.

My chickens that I bought as chicks are now 20wks old and some have started squatting, I have two older ones that lay an egg each day but I can't wait for my first egg from this girls, I hope it's soon :fl  I've been letting them free range in the evening but they have figured out how to get into my garden over the low fence so no more.

As for the ducks they are a funny bunch, great to watch forage all day long outside and now the 4wks old are finally spending the night with the 9wks old ones last night was the first and they did great :celebrate . Initially I was getting them for meat and only leave a breeding pair of Muscovy and a pair of Pekin but they are so cute especially the Muscovy's, I might end up keeping all 5 of them. Seems like I have either 1 or 2 male and 4 or 3  female Muscovy one of them one day looks like a drake the next looks like a hen and 1 female pekin and 3 drakes pekin.

Love u all
Essie

When were able to afford some land, I want to be the crazy duck lady and keep a breeding pair of Muscovy ducks and eat the boys, but my Muscovy is so much fun, I don't know if I could do it! lol. But I'm sure my husband would be able too, so I guess he will have to not tell me when he's going to do the deed ;)

Keep checking in with us on the porch Deb. I'm sure you will have a ton of things to deal with over time. With the cross section of people on the porch, I am sure someone can give advice on how to start to solve them as they come up.

Bruce

Keep checking in with us on the porch Deb. I'm sure you will have a ton of things to deal with over time. With the cross section of people on the porch, I am sure someone can give advice on how to start to solve them as they come up.

Bruce

Well said, and heart felt! We are all here for you, Mamma!
goodpost.gif
x2

When were able to afford some land, I want to be the crazy duck lady and keep a breeding pair of Muscovy ducks and eat the boys, but my Muscovy is so much fun, I don't know if I could do it! lol. But I'm sure my husband would be able too, so I guess he will have to not tell me when he's going to do the deed
wink.png

and their colors are beautiful too and different, As for my Pekins if I end up with 3 drakes 2 will have to go to freezer camp, hubby will do the deed. Hubby already thinks I'm chicken n duck crazy
big_smile.png

and their colors are beautiful too and different, As for my Pekins if I end up with 3 drakes 2 will have to go to freezer camp, hubby will do the deed. Hubby already thinks I'm chicken n duck crazy :D

I know! My girl totally shocked me with her colors! She looks nothing like I thought she would and is absolutely beautiful

Ok you guys, kind if a random post, but here I go anyways! In October we are taking my son to Disneyland. Does anyone have suggestions for cheap airline tickets? We're going to have to buy them in a month so I'm starting to look. It's so expensive!

Ok you guys, kind if a random post, but here I go anyways! In October we are taking my son to Disneyland. Does anyone have suggestions for cheap airline tickets? We're going to have to buy them in a month so I'm starting to look. It's so expensive!

Um which Disneyland? and Where are you starting from would be two good questions.... LOL. I can drive to Aneheim in about an hour and a half from San Diego.

deb

Um which Disneyland?  and Where are you starting from would be two good questions....  LOL.   I can drive to Aneheim in about an hour and a half from San Diego.

deb

We're going to Disneyland so that's in Anaheim. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions for cheap airline tickets.

Last edited:
@Alice28 where are you flying from and how much time before you go. Have you checked Southwest. They don't charge extra for bags like everyone else. If you book 10-14 days in advance it is usually cheaper and check both John Wayne (Orange County) airport and LAX. Most often Tuesdays are cheaper. Hope this helps.

@Alice28
  where are you flying from and how much time before you go. Have you checked Southwest. They don't charge extra for bags like everyone else. If you book 10-14 days in advance it is usually cheaper and check both John Wayne (Orange County) airport and LAX. Most often Tuesdays are cheaper. Hope this helps.

I'm looking into flying into John Wayne or Long beach. We're going in October, I know Tuesdays are the cheapest days to buy tickets, but there are just so many sites to buy tickets on, and I don't fly anywhere ever, so was just wondering what sites people use. I'll look at southwests site. I know everywhere says around 2-3 months before is the cheapest tickets, I'm just trying to figure out what sites to look at. Thank you,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom