The Front Porch Swing

Beekissed

Free Ranging
16 Years
Feb 14, 2008
This world is not my home.
A thread for friends to laugh, share, cry, pray, love and just BE together. I'm officially dusting off the front porch swing, bringing out the ice tea and bug spray and inviting friends over for a chat about anything and everything that is good~except it's winter, so we'll just have to pretend we can smell the honeysuckle, hear the bees buzzing and a breeze tickling the wind chimes.
big_smile.png
Pull up a rocking chair, settee or swing and lets fellowship with one another...and lets do it in love for one another.

That's the only rule for all visitors to the group ~"Love thy neighbor as thyself."

ROLL CALL! Checking in(remind me to add your state/country to the list of those visiting so we can see if the whole world will visit our front porch! Great suggestion, TexasLisa!) Post your favorite view of your state when you check in! We love to see where everyone lives!

States: WV, TN, TX, WI, GA, PA, UT, NC, WY, OR, IA, MO, VT, OH, VA, WY, MI

Countries: US,

Some good links for things you'll want to know:

http://www.feedipedia.org/

Last edited:
Hello from blustery Wisconsin, again we are in a deep freeze with wind chills at 35 below. My girls are handling the cold just fine, although they are lacking on egg production, which is understandable. By the way I will take an Ice Tea with lemon please.
I recently started going to church after 20 years away, I struggle with my beliefs daily and I know that God knows this and will point me in the right direction. I have a new g-baby and I don't know if that is what has made me go again or that I realize something is missing in my life. I haven't partaken in Communion yet but plan on it this week. I will also be taking my grandson too.
Peace...

big_smile.png
I brought the banana nut bread and it's dreamy. The sun is setting here and the light through the trees and on the snow is just stunning! I love this time of day...the chooks are already up on the roost and wind chill says it's -4*. I'm going to get on some clothes and truck up to the coop and gather eggs. Brrrrrrrr!!!!!

Hello from blustery Wisconsin, again we are in a deep freeze with wind chills at 35 below. My girls are handling the cold just fine, although they are lacking on egg production, which is understandable. By the way I will take an Ice Tea with lemon please.
I recently started going to church after 20 years away, I struggle with my beliefs daily and I know that God knows this and will point me in the right direction. I have a new g-baby and I don't know if that is what has made me go again or that I realize something is missing in my life. I haven't partaken in Communion yet but plan on it this week. I will also be taking my grandson too.
Peace...

So nice to have you!
hugs.gif
Checking in from Wisconsin! I've heard that is a pretty state. Maybe you've been pointed here.....
big_smile.png
Tea with lemon, coming up! Just prayed for you on your doubts....we all have had those.
hugs.gif

I'm expecting my first grandchild in March, so maybe we'll have grandchild stories to tell, though I'm not sure I'll be one of those grandmas that corner folks with stories and pics...I've got a sis like that. she keeps saying I'll be that way but I'm just not that kind of granny....I'm the granny that will make you a treasure map and hide money and candy, or will teach you how to kill chickens and let you gather eggs, will give you raw dough while I'm making bread and show you how to sucker tomatoes....but take a lot of pics? That's not me...I think.
hide.gif

Thanks for the invitation. I made it up from Tennessee and brought some of my homemade peanut, pecan and cashew brittle. Hope y'all like it!

Bee, I'd like a cup of half cocoa and half coffee....Oh, and I brought the fire pit if you've got the wood.....so we can roast the marshmallows.

Back
Top Bottom