The Front Porch Swing

Two? Good Lord that child has some hair! Beautiful! And standing up like that. Good job
big_smile.png

Long time no see, everyone! Life caught up with me again, so I abandoned the forum for a bit. It looks like that'll probably keep happening, to be honest.

Lots of cool stuff has happened in my absence. For one, I hatched a bunch of chicks! Only three have died so far and that was due to weakness (one Australorp and one Silkie) or freak accidents (one Australorp met his doom in the chick waterer).

Almost all of the eggs were from my Australorps and both the parents are black, but one of the chicks is grey! Hopefully that coloring sticks around because I want to utilize it in the future! I did hatch one Silkie Serama, though, and he/she is doing just fine! She holds her own against the bigger chicks and is quite found of sleeping in top of everyone in the pile, haha!

Mom and I have been trying to get this business going. We are trying to build up a good amount of merchandise. So far, the dress thing hasn't been working, but we have plenty of small furniture that we are fixing up. I just need to finish a couple projects and then I can start building a Facebook page with plenty of pictures.

Anyone have any ideas for a name for our little business? It's going to be run by us girls and we are doing it all ourselves. I've tried to come up with something but I'm not very good at it. It needs to be a name that is neutral so it can encompass any and all things we sell (from artwork to furniture to dresses).

Anyway, I'll check in later. I have some painting to do! We bought nine old windows with wooden frames and I'm painting one for a friend who got robbed. She can keep it or sell it, whatever she feels comfortable with. Hopefully, if she does sell it, she can make her money back. :)

Long time no see, everyone! Life caught up with me again, so I abandoned the forum for a bit. It looks like that'll probably keep happening, to be honest.

Lots of cool stuff has happened in my absence. For one, I hatched a bunch of chicks! Only three have died so far and that was due to weakness (one Australorp and one Silkie) or freak accidents (one Australorp met his doom in the chick waterer).

Almost all of the eggs were from my Australorps and both the parents are black, but one of the chicks is grey! Hopefully that coloring sticks around because I want to utilize it in the future! I did hatch one Silkie Serama, though, and he/she is doing just fine! She holds her own against the bigger chicks and is quite found of sleeping in top of everyone in the pile, haha!

Mom and I have been trying to get this business going. We are trying to build up a good amount of merchandise. So far, the dress thing hasn't been working, but we have plenty of small furniture that we are fixing up. I just need to finish a couple projects and then I can start building a Facebook page with plenty of pictures.

Anyone have any ideas for a name for our little business? It's going to be run by us girls and we are doing it all ourselves. I've tried to come up with something but I'm not very good at it. It needs to be a name that is neutral so it can encompass any and all things we sell (from artwork to furniture to dresses).

Anyway, I'll check in later. I have some painting to do! We bought nine old windows with wooden frames and I'm painting one for a friend who got robbed. She can keep it or sell it, whatever she feels comfortable with. Hopefully, if she does sell it, she can make her money back.
smile.png
It's great to see you again! Sounds like you have been very busy. I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with, but there's folks a lot more clever than I am on the Porch!

Back
Top Bottom