The Front Porch Swing

Spring peepers are tiny tree frogs.
Ahh, we had hundreds of them sounding off two days ago. Yesterday it was super windy and today we have frost. No more frogs sounding off today. There was one who lived in our duck pond last summer. I could always count on him to say hello whenever I went out to close up the birds.

I don't think I want another quake like the one that made Reelfoot Lake. Just picture all the development since the early 1800s. Wouldn't want to be a bystander on the Mississippi either. Helicopter sounds good.

Yep, it will be really bad. The ones in 1811-1812 caused damage hundreds and hundreds of miles away. But no doubt, it is coming. It amazes me that people you would think are highly "educated" want to frack in that area KNOWING that fracking causes a huge increase in earthquake activity. They don't care, when all is said and done they will pick up their stuff and their money and go home! If earthquakes like happened then were to happen now, it would send this country sooo far in debt that the US may never get on its feet again. There's coming a day that "house insurance" will be a thing of the past. I don't know but my insurance company says it is the same all over the country, everybody's rates are going up because of the companiies having to pay out for things like all the hurricane damage.

Ahh, we had hundreds of them sounding off two days ago. Yesterday it was super windy and today we have frost. No more frogs sounding off today.  There was one who lived in our duck pond last summer. I could always count on him to say hello whenever I went out to close up the birds.

We have a big swampy pond close by the house and tree frogs can get so loud it's crazy! Sometimes I'll go out on the porch and let people listen on the phone. LOL My roosters greet me like you say your frog did. Every time I go outside they start crowing at me. But that's not irritating like a dog barking constantly ...but they're not real close to the house either.

Ahh, we had hundreds of them sounding off two days ago. Yesterday it was super windy and today we have frost. No more frogs sounding off today. There was one who lived in our duck pond last summer. I could always count on him to say hello whenever I went out to close up the birds.

My Dad had surgery to remove his voice box so he talked with a mechanical one. He loved to sit on the front porch and talk to his friend. A frog he named Fred. Fred loved the sound and every time Daddy would say something he would croak right back at him. Daddy had a lot of fun with him. It's the little things that bring happiness. Right?
big_smile.png

My Dad had surgery to remove his voice box so he talked with a mechanical one. He loved to sit on the front porch and talk to his friend. A frog he named Fred. Fred loved the sound and every time Daddy would say something he would croak right back at him. Daddy had a lot of fun with him. It's the little things that bring happiness. Right?
big_smile.png

Aww Linda, that is really really sweet. Almost brings tears to my eyes to think of it and I can see your Dad smiling at that frog.

Well.... I've been shooting this morning! My mom's boyfriend brought a .22 rifle and then a .45 pistol. I wasn't as bad of a shot as I remembered from the one time my dad tried to teach me how to shoot! He was a much better teacher and explained how I needed to line everything up and aim, rather than just saying point and shoot! He told me I did really well with the rifle and great with the pistol! He left me the rifle to practice with.

I haven't heard the peep frogs yet, but I am anxious! It is one of my favorite sounds of spring and summer!

Back
Top Bottom