The Front Porch Swing

Ibejaran - congrats on the incubator. You're going to be overrun with chicks in no time! Sounds like you have a lot of projects starting up, and they sound like neat ones at that! Have fun and don't work too hard!
I already thought I was, but now that I've got this incubator, I feel like I'm about to jump out of my own skin, I'm so excited!

Working hard is what I need to do right now, but trust me, I'm having fun while doing it! Let's just hope the fun doesn't diminish when the work gets harder.
wink.png

Last edited:
BYC rules state that if you have concerns about moderators actions they should not be discussed on the open forum. They should be addressed in pm's with moderators. They are deleting posts because we are posting things against the rules. If all of us don't start following the rules the moderators will be forced to close the thread..........

Last edited:
I was posting at three an because I had to feed baby racoons. I have to go feed them again. Anyway, I won't discuss the issues further because I don't want to wreck it for others, but I'm Sheila Deane from Cambridge Ontario Canada in case anyone wants a Facebook friend. Bye.

I have cleaned up this thread again. I am going to leave it closed to you can read and hopefully understand what I am saying here.

First, this is a huge drama over nothing much. About 150 posts were removed which were drama inducing, moderation questioning and mass speculation.

A couple of things

We do not ever discuss moderation of other members with other members, but in general (and you can find it somewhere here on the forum), except in the cases of spammers or very very blatant rules violations, (for example, someone who creates an account to be profane or to harass someone or a minor posting their age), we never just ban someone because we feel like it. There is a system in place. While we can and do issue infractions on a first offense, we normally issue rules reminders, or 0 point warnings. (And each warning, reminder or infraction comes with a private message detailing the violation and an invitation to discuss it with a Staff member.) Once we do that, the next like violation may receive another 0 point reminder or a full points infraction.

Infractions carry points. Once infractions start, the points add up. They normally expire after 90 days, so in order to receive even a 2 day suspension from the forum, a member has to rack up a considerable amount of 0 point reminders and then full points infractions. Once enough points have accumulated, the system automatically suspends them from the forum. Even then it is hard to be suspended as it is a rolling system. After 90 days the oldest points drop off.

Bottom line? Respect the forum's rules and there won't be any issues.

Regarding Freedom of Speech- This is a privately owned website. The rules are what govern what you can and cannot do are created by the owner and moderated by a volunteer staff of experienced people.

Regarding deleting posts and accounts.- We do not delete accounts. We delete posts on a case by case basis. If they violate rules, or are quoting or replying to a removed post, we will remove it for continuity purposes. We may delete a post on request, but only if it will not impact the thread and we will refuse to do so if the post is valuable or contains great info. We may edit the post to leave the value, but remove any personal information.

. Any questions may be directed to a Staff member in a private message in a respectful tone, not on open forum. Discussion among yourselves should also be in private, not on the forum.

Last edited:
**Edited by Staff**

I have my chicks outside now. They are 2 days old and I will put them back in the storeroom tonight. Ninety under the shade trees. If anybody missed it, I had a hatch of 11 Super Blue Egg Layers. SBEL's I was so thrilled that I ordered some more and DMRippy is sending 18. Lordy, what have I gotten myself into.
lau.gif

I think we have lost the little dog from the shop. This was day 4 and she has been spotted a dozen times and she runs like crazy. Last spotted going to a small sub division. The yorkie is worth more than the reward. Bummer. Aimee has been looking almost non stop around the clock and putting out traps.

Last edited by a moderator:
**Edited by Staff*

Really bummed about the puppy. I just can't imagine that someone won't find him and be able to catch him. He will get hungry! What is he eating?? Was he micro chipped?
I think I'll bring done cinnamon buns before church in the morning ...hope everyone can take a minute to check back in.

Really bummed about the puppy. I just can't imagine that someone won't find him and be able to catch him. He will get hungry! What is he eating?? Was he micro chipped?
I think I'll bring done cinnamon buns before church in the morning ...hope everyone can take a minute to check back in.

That sounds like a great plan to me. I make a mean cup of coffee. Pretty strong but so good.
big_smile.png

Another chicken lover here from australia
1f603.png
Hi everyone!
frow.gif
Welcome to The Front Porch. Would you like Sweetened Tea or Unsweetened? We have lots of seating: hay bales, buckets, swings, rockers, porch railing, etc. There are a couple of turtles wandering around and all kinds of dogs, cats, and horses. Stop by anytime. We love stories and pictures!

Lisa :)

Back
Top Bottom