The gross truth about ducks...

Quote:
I am D Y I N G!
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Why is it that even if you hold your duck all wet right out of the pool they STILL smell like poo? lol
gig.gif

No matter how often you clean their water there's still 3 inches of MUCK in the bottom!

My ducks laugh at me whenever I get hurt!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

13. Their poop can shoot out behind them like cannon fire, spattering anyone behind them....eeewwwwwww!

lau.gif
NO KIDDING!!!! This has happened to my DD TWICE!!
gig.gif
Poor kid! And she still loves them!

I'm not sure if I posted this story or not... but i'll post it again because it was indeed very gross....

After a bath in the tub one time, I bought Vinny over to my bedroom to inspect his feet and dry him off. I placed him on a bed pad and got a towel to dry him a bit. Joe was yelling form the bathroom about how Vinny and Ollie had a great time flinging poo all over the tub while they were drying off.... I heard Ollie cackling of out spite in the background. I turn my head away from Vinny just as he flings his head back and forth.... With poo all in his mouth!!! He fling little splatters of poo all over the bed, the laptop at the foot of the bed, my dresser, the floor, and me.... Pretty much everywhere but the bed pad... punk.... I stuck him back in his house and spent the next hour cleaning up after him... Luckily being a duck owner and preschool teacher to 2 year olds, poop doesn't phase me anymore. lol

Ducks in a brooder will empty a full waterer in 30 seconds flat. The worst part is that they only actually drink a fraction of it! The rest goes all over the pine shavings, gets covered in poo, and then turns into a rank slime in less than 2 minutes. These things are IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean (or even somewhat non-smelly)!!!

Quote:
I am D Y I N G!
lau.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

So the really funny part about all this is that in 2 weeks I should have 6 little muscovy ducks. I don't know how it happened!! I think it went something like this..... One day I was looking at Craigs list and saw an add for Muscovies. With all the recent flap about muscovies, I was interested. I got there too late to get them, but already had permission from DH to get some ducks, so I went online and low and behold, they had some and would send them out in a few weeks. Now I am scrambling to make housing for them. I guess I didn't listen very well to this post.

I couldn't make it through all the posts, but here are some:

#) Ducks will turn any pool or pond or water container into a stinking mass of algaepoo(tm) unsuitable for other life forms.

#) Ducks run as a pack and fear as a pack - if one thinks a beast lives in the pond, they all believe it and won't get near the pond.

#) Ducks are loud! Especially when they have no food or something scares them.

#) Ducks will turn any depression that can hold even a tiny bit of water in your lawn into a mud bath by sifting it with their bills.

#) Baby ducks stink. Adult ducks stink more. Have a way to clean their space!

OMG!!!! ROTFL!!!!!

Ahem. In spite of all of the above, if you are the susceptible type, you will hover over your sick duck wringing your hands and outgoogling yourself and lose sleep and call in THREE DAYS "sick" to work and be GRATEFUL to drop fricken $$$$$$ dollars at a vet for a five dollar feed store duck. Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom