The Gun Thread

Pics
There was a guy at the local club who brought his Desert Eagle to shoot the centerfire match at a club 2700. He was shooting to my right, and moved to the far end of the line when we got to Centerfire. I could still feel the concussion every time he shot.
I just don't see the practical use of stuff like that. Maybe trying to prove manhood or something.

I just don't see the practical use of stuff like that. Maybe trying to prove manhood or something.
There's a mystique surrounding Desert Eagles due to being featured in movies. I bought one from a guy who hated his. It had the most beautiful bluing I've ever seen in person. It was in .44 Magnum and I, too, soon learned to hate it. It was uselessly heavy and I couldn't reach the safety with my thumb- it was definitely a two hands job. I paid $700 dollars for it and sold it for significantly more. I still hate it. Even its memory makes my brow furrow to the point that I reflexively passed on a very nice Desert Eagle 1911 years later.

There was a guy at the local club who brought his Desert Eagle to shoot the centerfire match at a club 2700. He was shooting to my right, and moved to the far end of the line when we got to Centerfire. I could still feel the concussion every time he shot.
Those guys are no fun at all. We had a 'Big Bore' as well as a Rim Fire League as well as Bullseye where you could run any gun you wanted as long as it met those perimeters, we had a guy that shot a different big bore every week. One week he brought a S&W 500. We let him have the range to himself for his course, it was brutal. Can you imagine 50 rounds of 500? Not just the beating but now the cost would be what? $3.70 per round for light loads. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1001469371?pid=918422

There's a mystique surrounding Desert Eagles due to being featured in movies. I bought one from a guy who hated his. It had the most beautiful bluing I've ever seen in person. It was in .44 Magnum and I, too, soon learned to hate it. It was uselessly heavy and I couldn't reach the safety with my thumb- it was definitely a two hands job. I paid $700 dollars for it and sold it for significantly more. I still hate it. Even its memory makes my brow furrow to the point that I reflexively passed on a very nice Desert Eagle 1911 years later.
I didn't like the .44 either so I got the 357 and it was much more pleasant to shoot.

One handed...
LOL you would have to be pretty manly to keep it from burying itself in your forehead. I had a customer that was having trouble sighting in his gun on the rifle range. Whenever someone had trouble down there we would hurry to help so they didn't cause a lot of damage to the retrieval system. I got down there and it was a TC in 300WM. Lucky for me it was on paper and I only had to shoot it twice. Once was more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom