The Gun Thread

I have 3 carry pistols. My favorite is my sig p938 but what I usually carry is a ruger lcp with a clip that mounts above the grip instead of a holster. I can wear it with anything and it disappears to the point you can forget you're carrying it. Even loose gym type shorts that I'm usually in. My first was an xd40 subcompact. It's an awesome pistol for what it is but unfortunately it's like trying to carry a cinderblock around

Oh wow I really like the looks of that.
Thanks. It’s a nice handgun and probably the fanciest one I own next to my Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec .45 ACP*

Blah. Sorry for the edit…I get confused while trying to determine the correct order of words for model type. Everyone with guns knows what I’m talking about but anyone who doesn’t have guns just scratches their head while trying to figure out what it is I’m talking about lol

Last edited:
Thanks. It’s a nice handgun and probably the fanciest one I own next to my Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec .45 ACP*

Blah. Sorry for the edit…I get confused while trying to determine the correct order of words for model type. Everyone with guns knows what I’m talking about but anyone who doesn’t have guns just scratches their head while trying to figure out what it is I’m talking about lol
I love my Springfield. Fit and finish is a lil loose compared to my sig sauer but itll shoot anything its loaded with. Brass or steel jacket, full metal jacket, defense loads whatever its coming out the barrel gotta trust your carry weapon.

A very long time agomy dad gave me his old pump 12 gauge. Over the years it was reglected cause I didn't want to shoot it in fear of breaking it with soo much centimental value. Anyway I wanted to do something cool to it and wondered what he would like. I decided to make it into a bullpup. Something for home protection and I know my dad would have gotten a kick out of how it turned out Obviously I kept the stocks and put those up.

Last edited:
Awesome. I’m not able to carry yet but will be as soon as I can.
You're in Florida, right? IIRC Governor DeSantis signed Constitutional carry into law effective 7/1/23. Did you move or are you looking to get some sort of training or credential?

Part of my 1911 collection, these are my Para Ordnance ones (except for the one on the bottom right; it's a Mauser/German Sport Guns in .22 long rifle and is an exact copy of my Para Ordnance Expert Carry .45 ACP. It lets me shoot and practice for dimes instead of dollars). The shorter stainless is a P12, a double stack in .45 ACP holding 12+1. The longer stainless is my Para Ordnance Super Hawg in .45 ACP, a conventional single stack long slide holding 8+1. I've killed two pigs with it- it's wonderfully accurate and it hits hard. Both pigs were one-shot-kills; one was DRT and the other dropped within 50 yards.
IMG_20230416_152924513.jpg

And an AMD-65 I put together a while back out of a Hungarian parts kit and FG receiver. I couldn't find a 12.5" barrel- I don't like them anyway since you have to use a pinned and welded muzzle device/extension to meet the fed minimum 16" barrel- so I used a 16.5" Yugo barrel and Krink-ish muzzle device. This is my favorite AK variant. In its current configuration, it's got both the AMD-65 front and rear pistol grips and slim AMD metal handguard. I got rid of the quadrail handguard and grooved pistol grip.
IMG_20230427_182142333.jpg
IMG_20230804_192527445.jpg

You're in Florida, right? IIRC Governor DeSantis signed Constitutional carry into law effective 7/1/23. Did you move or are you looking to get some sort of training or credential?

Part of my 1911 collection, these are my Para Ordnance ones (except for the one on the bottom right; it's a Mauser/German Sport Guns in .22 long rifle and is an exact copy of my Para Ordnance Executive Carry .45 ACP. It lets me shoot and practice for dimes instead of dollars). The shorter stainless is a P12, a double stack in .45 ACP holding 12+1. The longer stainless is my Para Ordnance Super Hawg in .45 ACP, a conventional single stack long slide holding 8+1. I've killed two pigs with it- it's wonderfully accurate and it hits hard. Both pigs were one-shot-kills; one was DRT and the other dropped within 50 yards.
View attachment 3681554
And an AMD-65 I put together a while back out of a Hungarian parts kit and FG receiver. I couldn't find a 12.5" barrel- I don't like them anyway since you have to use a pinned and welded muzzle device/extension to meet the fed minimum 16" barrel- so I used a 16.5" Yugo barrel and Krink-ish muzzle device. This is my favorite AK variant. In its current configuration, it's got both the AMD-65 front and rear pistol grips and slim AMD metal handguard. I got rid of the quadratic handguard and grooved pistol grip.
View attachment 3681572View attachment 3681571
Yeah I’m in Florida just not old enough to carry yet.

I have small hands as well. My handgun of choice (for the last 46 years ) has been S&W model 60. It is a 38 and only holds 5 instead of the usual 6 (I like revolvers). This one has Buffalo horn grips. Isn't Hayden wonderful! :hugs :love
Stay with that SS, the alloys hurt on both ends. It really is the perfect self-defense weapon. The 649 hammerless works without a holster and is basically the same gun.

Part of my 1911 collection, these are my Para Ordnance ones (except for the one on the bottom right; it's a Mauser/German Sport Guns in .22 long rifle and is an exact copy of my Para Ordnance Expert Carry .45 ACP. It lets me shoot and practice for dimes instead of dollars). The shorter stainless is a P12, a double stack in .45 ACP holding 12+1. The longer stainless is my Para Ordnance Super Hawg in .45 ACP, a conventional single stack long slide holding 8+1. I've killed two pigs with it- it's wonderfully accurate and it hits hard. Both pigs were one-shot-kills; one was DRT and the other dropped within 50 yards.
View attachment 3681554
And an AMD-65 I put together a while back out of a Hungarian parts kit and FG receiver. I couldn't find a 12.5" barrel- I don't like them anyway since you have to use a pinned and welded muzzle device/extension to meet the fed minimum 16" barrel- so I used a 16.5" Yugo barrel and Krink-ish muzzle device. This is my favorite AK variant. In its current configuration, it's got both the AMD-65 front and rear pistol grips and slim AMD metal handguard. I got rid of the quadrail handguard and grooved pistol grip.
View attachment 3681572View attachment 3681571
Love that long slide, that's more my style. The longer sight radius and the adjustable Bomar sight makes faster sight alignment for action shooting. Oh, and thanks for the 'DRT', gave me a chuckle, I hadn't heard that for way too long.

Back
Top Bottom