The Gun Thread

Pics
I have always called the Garand clips clips and the AR style stripper clips. They also make some plastic ones that are for rapid loaders in almost any caliber. I think they are not made anymore but they had a square plastic square with five tracks on it that would hold 50 rounds. That stripper would fit into a device with a push bar to shove the ammo down into the mag. And there are half moon and full moon clips that would hold 45acp as a speed loader for the S&W 645 revolver. View attachment 3687588View attachment 3687590
My son bought a loaded M1 Garand clip at a gun show, he was so excited. Now all he needs is the M1 Garand🤦‍♀️ oh, and the "ejection ting" is his notification sound on his phone
Good starter gun for hunting

True. Having said that, DW's favorite is my 629 S&W with 6" barrel. I load it with .44 Specials. It's heavy but packs a wallop with manageable recoil. :hmm

I suspect that Shabby's gun is a crack barrel .410
View attachment 3687625
We used to have a Big Bore handgun league for years at my range. I would shoot a lot of different large caliber handguns but my favorite was a 629 six inch with dot sight that I shot .44 Special light loads. I turned the wadcutter bullets backwards to make full wadcutters and to take up more space in the mag brass to avoid fowling the cylinder and not build up excessive pressure. Y'all are giving me the itch for more range time. Yeah, I'm a Jones'n now.
IMG_9265.JPG
IMG_9266.JPG

Back
Top Bottom