The Gun Thread

Pics
Bravo! you are a natural. Most shooting ranges will have small NRA pocket cards for both left and right hand shooters that will help annalize bullet placement. Really handy to keep in your range bag. It looks like this. View attachment 3687784
Thank you.

Instructor told me I'd done well. I think he said I was pushing, I see it on the chart.

Our only local range closed shortly after...
:barnie

Who was that that suggested a 45.70 lol
I’ll have to ask my dad what kind of gun mine is. I’ve no clue. For some reason, I want to say it has something to do with 45.50, but I know that can’t possibly be right
She dropped the clue and all of our brains went there. Especially mine.

Bravo! you are a natural. Most shooting ranges will have small NRA pocket cards for both left and right hand shooters that will help annalize bullet placement. Really handy to keep in your range bag. It looks like this. View attachment 3687784
Left handed?!? Poor thing. So many choices but so few good ones for you. JK. My best friend is left handed. I'm the picture of tolerance.
She dropped the clue and all of our brains went there. Especially mine.
".45-anything" means lever action, trapdoor or falling block. And of all the 45- variants, 70 is the most common.

Oh, he already knows all about that. And has avoided it on the one he got to shoot(friend's gun)
I bought a junker for my son to practice twirling in ROTC, the only class he excelled in. I was very disappointed when he didn't follow through and sign up for service. Instead, he turned into a liberal high school teacher and is poisoning young minds.

Oh, he already knows all about that. And has avoided it on the one he got to shoot(friend's gun)
I was going to ask if there were any WWII re-enactor groups in the area and I found this.
https://www.ddayohio.us/ They are over in Conneaut. He may find plently of like minded folks there.

I bought a junker for my son to practice twirling in ROTC, the only class he excelled in. I was very disappointed when he didn't follow through and sign up for service. Instead, he turned into a liberal high school teacher and is poisoning young minds.
Is his name Mr Schuster by any chance? 🤣
I was going to ask if there were any WWII re-enactor groups in the area and I found this.
https://www.ddayohio.us/ They are over in Conneaut. He may find plently of like minded folks there.
Yes, we have tried to go for a few years but something always comes up and we can never make it. Next year, we are determined to get there. And take his best friend along. They can nerd out together. And I wouldn't have it any other way😊

Sorry, it's already promised to DD's BF, (if it continues.)
20231120_143022.jpg

Belt, WWII. Holster, WWII. Bandage kit, WWII. Magazine case, 1918. lanyard, 1943. Magazines, ???. 1911, 1918.
I loved to dig through the web gear as a kid at Army Surplus stores.

Last edited:
Left handed?!? Poor thing. So many choices but so few good ones for you. JK. My best friend is left handed. I'm the picture of tolerance.
I'm right handed, but strongly left eye dominant. When I shot bullseye, I shot left handed. For any two handed shooting, the gun is in my right hand. I carry for a right handed draw. But it's nice to know I can shoot (very well) with my left hand.

Back
Top Bottom