The Gun Thread

Pics
Most gun ranges have rental guns for you to try before you buy. We had over sixty different models to choose from and when you bought a new one of that model we did not charge a rental fee. Those guns were sold to the range for basically the cost of manufacturing from the manufacturers and after a certain amount of time could be sold to the public. Call your local range(s) and see if they have that model for you to try out. We used to refresh the rental guns yearly and the manufacturers encouraged it so the guns would look good and function properly.

My sister has arthritis like yhe poster inquiring about it and i know its hard for her to shoot. Much harder than a male with no problems
Her problem is grip strenth so something snappy is worse than something heavier
That is a good point, a heavier gun in the same caliber has less felt recoil than a lighter gun.

Most gun ranges have rental guns for you to try before you buy. We had over sixty different models to choose from and when you bought a new one of that model we did not charge a rental fee. Those guns were sold to the range for basically the cost of manufacturing from the manufacturers and after a certain amount of time could be sold to the public. Call your local range(s) and see if they have that model for you to try out. We used to refresh the rental guns yearly and the manufacturers encouraged it so the guns would look good and function properly.
Thanks, but the local range closed :he

When I took a basic handgun class several years ago I got to try out everything they had, from .22 revolvers to either a .45 or .44 semiautomatic (ow). The 9mm I shot had just a little too much kick, hurt my arthritic thumb joint, but both .380s were perfect for me: Sig Sauer and Walther.

I'm glad I took that class, and that I wasn't the only middle-aged woman who had never shot or even handled a firearm before!

Thanks, but the local range closed :he

When I took a basic handgun class several years ago I got to try out everything they had, from .22 revolvers to either a .45 or .44 semiautomatic (ow). The 9mm I shot had just a little too much kick, hurt my arthritic thumb joint, but both .380s were perfect for me: Sig Sauer and Walther.

I'm glad I took that class, and that I wasn't the only middle-aged woman who had never shot or even handled a firearm before!
My sister has a Smith & Wesson .380 EZ slide. She loves it. She can chamber it easily but had issues finding ammo for awhile. Little easier now but still harder to find than 9mm

Back
Top Bottom