The Guy Said it was a Blue Chicken

Songster
13 Years
Jul 10, 2010
Grand Bay, AL
Is this a Blue Lace Wyandotte?
62731_new_blue_chicken_002.jpg
62731_new_blue_chicken_002.jpg

Well, it looks like a blue 'something', but def not a BLW to me. I think it should look just as the name implies- blue lacing, meaning the blue color should only be around the edges of the feathers. That looks like it could be a blue Orpington, blue Australorpe or just a blue cross anything.

It looks like it may have leg mites by the look of its lower foot, but that could just be the picture? Is the skin raised and bumpy and kinda scaley around her foot, or is it just dirt?

I knew there would be a lot to choose from !! I would say her comb is definitely red but I hope that when the sun comes out I can get a better picture. BTW that is just sand on her feet.

Don't the wyandottes have yellow legs? I bought a BLW from a feedstore but it really does not look to be laced at all. It looks similar to yours but mine's got a rose comb and yellow legs, just no lacing. Whatever you've got it's nice looking. I like the blue birds.

I think we need a better picture. Her head shape does seem like a Wyandotte-I've had a few of those over the years. The legs should be yellow, but my blue Rocks have yellow legs with slate over them so you'd have to look at the bottoms of her feet to see if the skin is white or yellow.

Hope these are better pictures of her ! My chicken guy said she lays brown eggs. I think she is really pretty and very different from my other girls. It looks to me like the bottom of her feet are the same as her legs - grey.
62731_more_new_chicken_002.jpg
62731_more_new_chicken_004.jpg
62731_more_new_chicken_005.jpg

I don't really care what breed she is as long as she lays eggs and gets along with my other four at some point! I was just curious so that i could name her appropriately. I was going with Lacey if she was indeed a BLW but...I'm open to suggestions. My other girls have old fashioned names - Penelope, Hazel, Henrietta and Gertrude.

Back
Top Bottom