The Haven

**The woman returns to the room and announces that their gear is ready and they are due to leave. You are ushered through a few protective doors and you are given suits that will help whatever you might face. The outside world beyond the Haven is scarred and colorless, except the sky, It is still a bright, cheerful blue. The farther you travel from the haven, the better the scenery gets, but it isn't ever as nice as the Outdoor Simulation Center, which seems to be perfected, like everything else in the Haven. You might find a few mutant animals created from the radiation in Human bombs, but there will never be enough Radiation in anything to harm you, The Creatures of the Darkness, as they are called, have found an effective way to keep the radiation levels low. **

An involuntary shiver went down Jess's spine. "Is it just me or is it kind of... eerie out here?"

Jacob nodded agreement. "Yeah. It's nothing like the Outdoor Simulation Center. And the sky doesn't seem to go with the ground." He stumbled on a stray root on the ground and Jess caught him before he could fall. "Thanks." he muttered.

Zero, following behind Allen closely, dropped her tail lower towards the ground and seemed to test the air. Allen, who had been watching her flinched a little. Zero was almost always cheerful, even though she didn't make any noise. Allen took his bow off his back and decided he wanted a weapon in his hands. Out of the corner of his eye he saw everyone else having their own reactions to the strange landscape. Except that other girl, S apparently, who he hadn't ever seen in the Haven before this, her face remained stony and maybe, just a bit sad. He looked at the small tracker on his backpack and thought he should cut it off as soon as they were a reasonable distance from the Haven. he didn't like the feeling that people were watching his every move and judging him. He was pretty sure no one else knew about the trackers, the only reason he knew is because it was in one of the books he had read in the library, he didn't know if the information was anywhere else. His mission status was still blinking, he didn't know what it was yet.

(Your mission status is your rank pretty much.... I'll tell you more about the details once I've figured out what each of your characters will be.)

Wintent walked silently she kept her face stony even though she was freaking out on the inside. This place is horrible! Everything is so....so...hideous, i'd much rather have been out here if it was like the simulater. But the sky is very pretty. I hope I don't die on this mission....who'd take care of Tod for me? I don't have any friends...what if they throw Tod out once I'm dead! Thoughs filled her head as she walked, Tod weaving through her legs with every step she took.

Radar flew closely to Jessamine. She could feel the small rushes of air each time he flapped. He hooted quietly at her. Nobody else would understand his meaning, but she had grown up with Radar, so she could tell the general meaning of his signals. She gave him a small, almost imperceptible nod at him, and he flew ahead, scouting the situation, his head moving constantly the way owls do.

***Ranks! (sorry it took so long to figure out... School and stuff.)
Leader: Julie
Adviser: Jess
Attacker/Defender: Wintent, Hebi, S
Scout: Jacob, Allen
(If i forgot anyone, they're an attacker. Sorry if i did!)
Leader: The leader of the group is exactly what it sounds like, he/she leads the mission.
Adviser: The adviser gives advice to the leader if they are struggling with a difficult problem and is the leader's personal 'bodyguard'.
Attacker/Defender: The attackers/defenders do most the fighting; usually packs of mutated animals.
Scout: The scouts have special suits that make them much harder to see, they scout ahead and find potential threats , they report the threat to the leader and start picking off the numbers with ranged weapons. ***

(Btw, the mission status is in a watch the Haven gave you.)
Allen glanced at the watch again when he heard a small noise from it, He looked at the big red letters that kind of annoyed him.
MISSION STATUS: SCOUT
ADDITIONAL SCOUT: JACOB

It wasn't what the words said that annoyed him, it annoyed him that they found this information more important then their location. He looked up from his watch and looked around for the guy that was a scout with him, Jacob. The only other boy in this group was easy to pick out, and it was his guess that that was Jacob, but he couldn't be sure. He decided that Jacob could approach him, not the other way around.

Jacob looked down at the watch the Haven had given him and almost jumped in surprise.

MISSION STATUS: SCOUT
ADDITIONAL SCOUT: ALLEN

He caught up to Jess. "Hey Jess, look at your watch!" he said to her quietly.

Jess looked down at her watch as Jacob hhad told her to. Her watch read, in big red letters:

MISSION STATUS: ADVISER
LEADER: JULIE

"Oookay then," she said. "What does yours say?" she said, and looked at his status as he showed her. "Allen's the guy over there." she whispered to him, pointing at Allen.

Jacob slipped over to Allen, walking next to him. Allen was several years older than him and considerably taller, especially because Jacob was small for a 12 year old. He waited for the guy to speak, as Jacob wasn't really the friendly type.

Last edited:
(Yeah, she can know who the leader is. And Mantha, his character form said twelve.)

Allen looked at the kid who just approached him, but said nothing. After a quick flash of irritation, (He did not allow to show on his face.) he realized he would have to meet Jacob half way. "May i help you?" He knew this kid must be Jacob, but he wanted to know if he was being his own version of snotty with his silence. Zero looked at him recognizing the sound of his voice and after deciding he wasn't about to give a command, continued to sweep the ground testing for unfamiliar scents. Or i could just be scaring the snot out of him. Allen fancied. After all, Allen did have a few years on him, and more than a few inches, added to the fact that Allen's voice was deep, deeper than anyone else he had met. He dismissed the thought, not many people in the Haven are very friendly and they didn't scare easily. Jacob was probably no different.

Back
Top Bottom