The Haven

((Oops, derp :p))

Jacob looked up at him. "Well if you wanted to help me, you could get me off this mission. But since you can't do that... No, not really." he said, slightly annoyed. He was still angry about being here, and he tended to bottle up his feelings to the point that they just burst and he lashes out at someone.

Allen wisely didn't comment on the obviously stress induced comment. He let the silence spread between them. Allen could tell this wasn't going to be a good relationship. He scanned the Horizon, wanting something to do. He wasn't good at managing people, that didn't mean that he wasn't good inferring how they felt. He decided he wasn't going to coddle him. He wasn't going to be kind because he was younger. He decided if Jacob could get over his anger, then Allen would be kinder.

S wasn't surprised to find she was an attacker. It said the tow other attackers were Wintent and Hebi. She didn't know who they were, because she had just gotten to the Haven a few weeks ago. Her throat tightened as she remembered. She had been a total wreck. She pushed the feeling away and fell back the the rear of the group.

Julie flicked her fiery red hair from her face and looked down at her watch. In big red letters, her watch read:

MISSION STATUS: LEADER
ADVISER: JESS

She looked around at the other people with expressionless eyes, though her sleekly silver and black eyes said differently. They needed to get this mission finished, and determination set into Julie, causing her eyes to turn into a steely silver outlined in black. She looked around at the other kids, trying to figure out who was Jess. She had been here for many many years, but she never really interacted with other people.

Jess broke a period of slightly awkward silence. "So, since we're probably going to be seeing a lot of each other, why don't we all state our name, age, pet, and weapon/s of choice? I'm Jess, I'm 13, my pet and best friend is Radar, a barn owl. I use a Yumi," She shrugged the massive bow off of her shoulder. It was extremely large, larger even than the longbows of several others.She mentally shrugged. Yumi's were designed that way. "And a Katana." She unsheathed the Katana. She looked at Jacob, who started hesitantly after a meaningful glance from her. She put her weapons away as he talked.

"I'm Jake. I'm 12, you all probably know Xephyr from that little scene in the office," Xephyr, hearing his name called, climbed out of Jacob's pocket and onto his shoulder. "And I use a slingshot and saxe knife." he said uncomfortably, his voice barely audible. "And I really hate it out here," he added, louder.

Julie mentally sighed. They might as well get to know each others names. "My names Julie. I'm 14. This is my pet and prettying only friend, Isis, my snake. And my weapon of choice is my daggers." In a flag, she had her dagger in her hand. She twirled it in her hand before slipping it back into its sheath. Her voice was hard, with a sharp edge to it, warning everyone to back off. Her eyes challenged anyone who dared to get her p***ed off. Her jaw was firmly clenched, her arms crossed over her chest, Isis curled around the forearm of her right arm.

(haha guys? everyone else has been in the Haven since they were babies. just a btw)
Allen kept his silence. He was surprised to see S start next. "I'm S. I use my bow and my hands. I don't have a pet. You don't know me. i got to the Haven a few weeks ago." There was steel in her eyes that convinced Allen that she wasn't lying. (Reactions please? this is something unheard of.)

Last edited:
Jess was confused. "A few weeks? But... everybody's been here since they were born..." Her mind was working overdrive, thinking of possible explanations. This is impossible.

Jake stared at her. She didn't look like she was lying, but some people just had an ability to never look like they were lying. She must just be messing with us, "But where did you live before?"

Allen could see S's look harden, but he could also tell she was a little sad. "Far away." She said bluntly, obviously not wanting to talk about it. "It wouldn't really matter anyway." She continued her voice becoming sharper, hinting on that she didn't want to discuss any of this. Her eyes locked on Allen, as if S wanted him to do something. He didn't know what he should do though, and he wasn't one to take the spotlight. But... she didn't look like the one to take the spot light either. A deadly silence settled over the group as they registered what she had said, Allen spoke up, somewhat reluctantly. "I'm Allen, i'm 14 I use my bow and my daggers." he said his hand involuntarily brushing the hilts of his throwing knives. (he has 2) He continued. "And this is my pet Zero. She's a border collie." Allen looked down at Zero and she sat down, twisting her head to look at him and her tail thumped on the ground happy, that she was included. Then he looked at S again. He could see the faint look of relief, but he doubted anyone else could tell. He was very good at reading people.

"Anyone else, or are we going to take all day waiting?" Julie's said, getting kind of impatient, though she didn't show it in the tone of her voice. She looked around at everyone, waiting for everyone else to finish introducing themselves.

Back
Top Bottom