The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

We are now at that stage where they are starting to actually look like reds...lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    543.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0781.JPG
    IMG_0781.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0782-2.JPG
    IMG_0782-2.JPG
    502.6 KB · Views: 13
IMG_0523.PNG
IMG_0519.JPG
IMG_0521.PNG
IMG_0522.PNG
I have a pair of heritage RIRs I bought last fall. They are now 15 months old. I would like some insight on their lines which are Nelson and Ulrich. Any help, history or critiques appreciated

I put 47 healthy chicks on the ground during this spring's breeding season. The 18 in this video are the oldest, ranging from 9 weeks old to 11 weeks old. I like what I see so far, and now I'm waiting to see how they finish out in 4-5 months.

Last edited:
I have a pair of heritage RIRs I bought last fall. They are now 15 months old. I would like some insight on their lines which are Nelson and Ulrich. Any help, history or critiques appreciated
I think they are beautiful birds. My birds were originally from Matt Ulrich. I got a quad from him several years ago and over the past few years have gotten other males from him. I love the birds. Around 10 years ago I went to a show and I got the same line of birds from another person. I went to another show and saw some beautiful SC RIR's so I sought out the exhibitor (owner) of the birds who happened to be Matt Ulrich. I fell in love with the birds and made arrangements to buy some birds from him and would get them at an upcoming show. The birds I have now are all descendants from those birds.
http://bloslspoutlryfarm.tripod.com/id64.html

I put 47 healthy chicks on the ground during this spring's breeding season. The 18 in this video are the oldest, ranging from 9 weeks old to 11 weeks old. I like what I see so far, and now I'm waiting to see how they finish out in 4-5 months.

I can't either. These are also from Matt's birds aren't they? I the video I see mostly pullets.

I can't either. These are also from Matt's birds aren't they? I the video I see mostly pullets.
Yes ma'am, 100% fresh off the Ulrich farm first generation. There are only 5 males in this group of 18. In the subsequent hatches, the m/f ratio was closer to normal. I'm very happy to see this many pullets. :D

Back
Top Bottom