The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Your chicks are eating rocks.!!! I hope you can get the real McCoy's soon! I haven't seen this thread very active lately...I hope something happens here and everyone starts posting again. I found a vid of Mr Bob blosl on YouTube...it's a treasure. Imma share it with you
Thanks it’s a great video, I will check out the others you posted too. Yeah I hope everyone is okay. I found RIW RC source so hatching eggs ordered. I will keep looking for RIR RC.

I noted it sounds like what I am feeding my birds is not all that different. I’ve been experimenting a bit over the years… one of the industry studies for laying hens confirmed what I suspected with my hens several years back, that they needed way more nutrition then what is in typical laying feed. So I had already started fiddling with feed… then we added chickens with green jungle fowl to the flock causing us to hand mix for a while, finding no corn feed was near impossible. I now have a no corn feed mix available… I think I may do a supply check again (who has what) in case I need to hand mix again. I feed whole grains, seeds, bugs and greens… add vitamins to water as needed.

The girls… one chick is darker
3F2544D7-7DF0-4EF8-A0E9-345CE9BCE812.jpeg

32DDF77E-3046-419B-9B27-EA501EF2C5E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Waiting on hatching eggs to ship out to me for RC RIW and of course the SC RIW chicks next month… but I think I found RC RIR hatching eggs :wee Everyone cross the fingers, say a prayer, etc I hope this source pans out…

1647321556220.gif

Happy news in my quest for Rose comb RIRs, I found and ordered some hatching eggs. Also the RC RIW are suppose to be shipped soon as well. In addition the chick order of various breeds including SC RIW will ship early April.

I have moved the current group of chicks out side… now my house is silent, everyone is missing the chirping… lol

Happy news in my quest for Rose comb RIRs, I found and ordered some hatching eggs. Also the RC RIW are suppose to be shipped soon as well. In addition the chick order of various breeds including SC RIW will ship early April.

I have moved the current group of chicks out side… now my house is silent, everyone is missing the chirping… lol
You are in for a new adventure every day. Watching Free range chickens is a therapy

Back
Top Bottom