The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Okay, got the boxes today. They DO have the vent holes on each end and the top. I think they would be okay. Including a couple of pictures. They do have the little holes to use zip ties or string to fasten top but you have to have your own ties etc. Hope this helps. Jim

I introduced my back up breeder roosters to my production layers. The roosters at 23.5 weeks are much larger than my production hens. But that did not stop the little meanies the production hens started acting like production roosters jumping in the air, dancing and wing flapping. I have been getting eggs since at least Feb so I know they are hens but they sure changed when meeting the big roosters. The roosters just walked away, they had to be laughing on the inside. The color on my heritage birds from Ron is amazing too, so much darker and richer than the production chickens.

Good find Jimmy those will work well.

Jeff

I think they will do a fine job Jeff. The only thing is that shipping on the chicks once they hit a couple of weeks old jumps from $35.00 for day old's to around $60 or $70. It still seems better to me then paying for a couple of dozen eggs and only getting 5 peeps. lol Just my way of thinking.
Gosh with what I've lost on birds in the past 2 or 3 years that seems like a drop in the bucket. lol

I introduced my back up breeder roosters to my production layers. The roosters at 23.5 weeks are much larger than my production hens. But that did not stop the little meanies the production hens started acting like production roosters jumping in the air, dancing and wing flapping. I have been getting eggs since at least Feb so I know they are hens but they sure changed when meeting the big roosters. The roosters just walked away, they had to be laughing on the inside. The color on my heritage birds from Ron is amazing too, so much darker and richer than the production chickens.

Always a fun time. ha,ha,ha.

I think they will do a fine job Jeff. The only thing is that shipping on the chicks once they hit a couple of weeks old jumps from $35.00 for day old's to around $60 or $70. It still seems better to me then paying for a couple of dozen eggs and only getting 5 peeps. lol Just my way of thinking.
Gosh with what I've lost on birds in the past 2 or 3 years that seems like a drop in the bucket. lol
Oh yes Jim that lil' ol' measly amount of $$ is no hill for a stepper like you, now. LOL

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom