The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Oh yes Jeff, I don't need to go back to read it. I remember it very well and I could show the email I have saved from Gary himself and you would see what he said about it and it IS NOT true. I have written on my site with Gary's Bio that if you want to know something about a man's certain line, go to the horses mouth. lol
Furthermore, I do not think that Gary Underwood would lie about such a thing if it were true.
Jim
This is all I have to say about this subject. Like you Jeff, I feel it is everyone's business what they do but as you know, It will always cause friction, confusion and sometimes ever cause tempers to flair. lol I think to much of all my internet friends on here to squabble with them over such minor things.

Gotcha, then I can stop looking for it now LOL thanks for cleaning up the air a little bit.

Hey mark me down for a batch of those half breed RCUnderwoods x Mohawks sounds like fun. I want to play too.
wink.png

Jeff

Gotcha, then I can stop looking for it now LOL thanks for cleaning up the air a little bit.

Hey mark me down for a batch of those half breed RCUnderwoods x Mohawks sounds like fun. I want to play too.
wink.png

Jeff

LOL I can pull it up in about 5 seconds if I needed it. When it is something concerning what I have, I have it where I know right where it is. I have a page on my site that is not published to the public and it has all kind of good stuff there. Believe me Jeff, I would not publish anything on this open forum that I can't back up. Someone told me one time, "I know what I said but I don't know what they heard." Now that is a good one. lol

If you get any half breeds, they will have to come from someone else. I have no half breeds that I know of unless it is me. I'm Dutch/Irish. lol

LOL I can pull it up in about 5 seconds if I needed it. When it is something concerning what I have, I have it where I know right where it is. I have a page on my site that is not published to the public and it has all kind of good stuff there. Believe me Jeff, I would not publish anything on this open forum that I can't back up. Someone told me one time, "I know what I said but I don't know what they heard." Now that is a good one. lol

If you get any half breeds, they will have to come from someone else. I have no half breeds that I know of unless it is me. I'm Dutch/Irish. lol

Yeah I mis-phrased my statement there, I got it

Jeff

I think if you'll go back far enough and read some of BOB's of all peoples post( Mr."DON"T NEVER EVER CROSS UP NOTHING")on here on the Underwoods birds they are a cross breed way back yonder with guess what of all things "production" Rhode Island Reds.??(its in this thread or the heritage one, somewhere/can be located I'm sure) Jimmy LOL oops another can of worms huh? (sorry)
big_smile.png
Underwood was Bobs mentor on raising up RIRs he tells the whole story in the back pages on here.

I'm just one to remember stuff and folks need to "practice" what they "preach" is all, if your going to preach not crossing nothing up then turn around and do it yourself or tell someone to do it then who's opening up cans then?, instead of worms it is more like confusion. What is one to do? I say whatever they want to do. It's their birds, their feed, their time, = their MONEY.
Not trying to talk for anyone and your right Jeff, anyone can do whatever they want to do with their own birds, their money and all. But reading between the lines, this is what I get from all that crossing talk. If you cross strains you will most likely get into some problems down the road. It may not be your F-1's it may not show up until you have F-3's on the ground. Once it shows up, it may take you 5 or more years of aggressive culling to get the problems under control. From what I read most people don't stay with any one breed or even in the hobby that long. I also get that this is a novice mistake and comes up and is suggested all the time.

I tell people all the time not to do things that I do with other hobbies that I am involved with particular when it's a general statement spoken to the general public. If I'm having a one on one with someone that is experienced say with making molds for fiberglass parts. I may tell him some of my short cuts that I personally might take with my own stuff but he understands the risk. It's not like this is his first mold and he is going to ruin 5 months’ worth of work listing to me tell him a questionable way to do something.

This is just my take on it anyway....who knows I may be way off base.

Chris

Last edited:
Yeah I know it, hey lets post up some more of those awesome Reds on here ya'll bout got me talked into a getting me some real ones too.

hey I wonder if I could open up a credit line with Matt and since he's on his way over to BR in a few months he could go on ahead bring me a basket full of those reds to get kicked off with? I'm pretty sure he could do the latter, the earlier request?eeh? might not go over too well reckon LOL better have green backs in hand huh?

Jeff

Jim,
I can't tell you all that! Man that's some top secret stuff your asking me about and I have shows coming up! I was just trying to give Jeff something to talk about! LOL!!

Ok, ok.... It's a production Red I got from Murry McMurry for my egg layer flock! lol!!!

Paul or Matt and 7 or 8 months in this pic.

CH

Back
Top Bottom