The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Hey there my  friend.  It sure is great to see you on here.  There is so much to read and soooo many pictures to see.  I am so glad that you joined in on this forum. 

You all better treat this guy a little nicer then Bob, Matt, Steve, Chris and Jeff treat me. ha,ha,ha. Just kidding. Wouldn't know what to do without you all.   Seriously, I've been chatting with Darren for a few months through face book. He is a very nice young man in Ireland. Their SOP is a little different then ours. I told him I'd love to get some chicks to him from some of our lines. He does very well with his birds over there. 
Jim

Hahahaha thanks for that lovely introduction. Yes I've been talking to ImmyJay54 for a while and we have been comparing birds and ideas on breeding and I'm stunned by the quality of birds and difference of standards that there is between us and ye. I would ideally love to get eggs over from America but I hear it's quite difficult.

If any of you are interested in seeing more about myself and my brothers operation don't hesitate to look us up on Facebook @ DNF Poultry, we have a lot of pictures posted of our different breeds

Here you go Bob! He is no where near ready for a show but boy I think he has some potential!

t-389439812.jpg

The male above is one that I used as a breeder the year I sent Greg Chamness his ten started chicks which was about 18 years ago. Its amazing how the color stayed with these birds which may be birds that Paul got in Colorado a from Greg about 6 years ago. Thanks for the pictures and look forward to seeing more nice large fowl posted on this tread in months to come.

I hope many of you will take the effort, time and cost to show your birds. We need breeders as well as exhibitors to promote this grand breed. I am very pleased however with the new Red Members of the Red Club and that you are wanting to go to shows and compare your birds. They are worthy to get on champion row and you cant get there unless you show.

Last edited:
t-389439812.jpg

The male above is one that I used as a breeder the year I sent Greg Chamness his ten started chicks which was about 18 years ago. Its amazing how the color stayed with these birds which may be birds that Paul got in Colorado a from Greg about 6 years ago. Thanks for the pictures and look forward to seeing more nice large fowl posted on this tread in months to come.

I hope many of you will take the effort, time and cost to show your birds. We need breeders as well as exhibitors to promote this grand breed. I am very pleased however with the new Red Members of the Red Club and that you are wanting to go to shows and compare your birds. They are worthy to get on champion row and you cant get there unless you show.
I think the bird in the middle and the bird on the bottom came out of the same pen. I would have to look at the bird in the middle a little closer to know for sure or if his left foot is toe punched just tell me if it's the outside web or inside web. If they are brothers both of these birds came from the male that I showed in FL at the Panhandle show at the beginning of the year.

Chris

Just a reminder of the
Central Florida Breeders Association Double Point Poultry Show
Saturday October 26th 2013
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
3610 S Florida Ave,
Inverness, FL 34450
---> MAP
Citrus County Auditorium
Ken Lee
352-794-3643 after 6PM
[email protected]

Central Florida Poultry Breeders Assocation
www.cflpoultrybreeders.org <--- The Show Catalog and Entry form are available also on the club website.

The deadline to enter is for postmarked entries by: Wednesday October 16th, Call-Ins by Monday October 21st.

Thanks for the update. My chicks were hatched the last week of March so I guess I have a couple more weeks. I checked the one with the reddest comb. Her vent almost looked like an egg layer but not quite. I did put some oyster shell out there just in case but no one ate any. They just looked at the stuff.
My 30 hens that lay, excluding the ones the haven't started yet, never eat the oyster shells. Had the same bowl out there for months and months.

I can tell when they are ready to start laying. The ones that will start soon will start to squawk A LOT!!. Never have failed me yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom