The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

I think I'd make an exception and live with the extras toes if it were me....
wink.png
lau.gif
Well, one good thing about him, when he scratches around, he sure does till up the ground. ha,ha,ha. I might keep him just for that reason. In all seriousness, I've been watching this one for a long time. I really like the bulkiness of him. A couple of them are really brick shaped but don't have the width that I'm looking for in the backs.

It is with great sadness that I have to inform everyone that Robert (Bob) Blosl has passed away. Matt and I have both spoken with his wife Zora who is in total shock and completely devastated as the rest of us are. When I find out more information I will post it as this has just happened in the past couple of hours. I have become very close with Bob and he held a wealth of information and was more than willing to help anyone. He was the best cheerleader that the Rhode Island Reds EVER had. May he continue to cheer them on in Red Heaven.

Well, one good thing about him, when he scratches around, he sure does till up the ground. ha,ha,ha. I might keep him just for that reason. In all seriousness, I've been watching this one for a long time. I really like the bulkiness of him. A couple of them are really brick shaped but don't have the width that I'm looking for in the backs.

I know when you all take overhead pics of the birds, they are pretty brick shaped from that angle as well, so it's hard for me to guesstimate what you mean by width... Could you be a dear and measure your big guy then one of your not-as-wides at the shoulder and before the tail? I'd file that away in my getting really massive by the minute reference folder... Please? :)
fl.gif

It is with great sadness that I have to inform everyone that Robert (Bob) Blosl has passed away. Matt and I have both spoken with his wife Zora who is in total shock and completely devastated as the rest of us are. When I find out more information I will post it as this has just happened in the past couple of hours. I have become very close with Bob and he held a wealth of information and was more than willing to help anyone. He was the best cheerleader that the Rhode Island Reds EVER had. May he continue to cheer them on in Red Heaven.
Oh my, I am sooooo heavy hearted and so glad that I post the pictures today. Bob commented on the one boy and I will be copying/pasting his last post onto my web site. I just can't believe that this news was told to me. Oh my gosh, I am really without words. Matt I know that you and a few others on here will miss him in different ways then some of the others but I can honestly say that Bob will be greatly missed by all. Thanks Steven for posting this and especially for the phone call. You are a dear friend. Thanks again,
Jimmy

I know when you all take overhead pics of the birds, they are pretty brick shaped from that angle as well, so it's hard for me to guesstimate what you mean by width... Could you be a dear and measure your big guy then one of your not-as-wides at the shoulder and before the tail? I'd file that away in my getting really massive by the minute reference folder... Please? :)
fl.gif
I will try and do this for you as soon as I can. I will just say this much for right now. You want to see very little if any difference from shoulder to tail. You don't want to see a wedge shape. This is what I'm really working for. Sorry, but I can't write anymore right now.
Jimmy

Matt look this is the trait from my first three males I started with 25 years ago.

High Stepper. Standing on one leg. Like this male Jimmy.

Legs dead center plum, flat top line thick brick shape oblong, Cant wait to see him in two months. bob
Gonna miss this guy's posting of his pictures, info, and the love of his Reds on here

RIP Bob

Just remember to always(KISS) make it fun, not a job!

Jeff

May we do him proud and keep his legacy going strong, he wouldn't want/have it any other way

KISS

Last edited:
I am terribly saddened about the passing of Bob Blosi. He was a kind hearted, kind gentleman, and I deeply appreciated our private email conversation. I will miss him very much!!

My heart goes to his wife, and his family and friends!

Lual

Had the pleasure of talking a lil with Mr. Robert here never in person.
I will miss his vast knowledge of these fine birds.
May we all continue to breed these reds with the passion Mr. Robert so often expressed in these pages!!

Had the pleasure of talking a lil with Mr. Robert here never in person.
I will miss his vast knowledge of these fine birds.
May we all continue to breed these reds with the passion Mr. Robert so often expressed in these pages!!
I too am very sad. Bob sent me a PM to encourage me to enter some of my Reds in a show. Along with continuing to breed these old time Reds I am sure he would want us to enter them into shows.

Back
Top Bottom