The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

I am totally stunned by this news. I have been off the grid so to speak ( gone deer hunting)

Bob was a true ambassador to the RIR and thru his passion has helped many get their start with them, including me.
Becuase of his work they are now in the hands of many more people than they were a couple years ago.

I wil miss his post and our conversations.

Ron

Bob commented on this several times, in just the past few weeks, about how many more people now have standard bred RIR. I am glad he was able to see the benefits of his work.

Bob commented on this several times, in just the past few weeks, about how many more people now have standard bred RIR. I am glad he was able to see the benefits of his work.
yep me too,
thumbsup.gif

Jeff

I hope the Blosl Family will know how much we all appreciate Bob. My thoughts and prayers go out for Bob and his Family. He will be surely missed.

Dan
Norco, CA

Last edited:
We were shocked and saddened at the news of Bob's passing...Zora called tonight to let Chuck know. I had come upon one of Bob's writings on the net regarding RIR, and there was a contact number. Chuck called him, and for the next 6 years, they spoke on a weekly basis, sometimes hours at a time. They'd send each other chickens through the mail, in fact he was going to send Bob five RIR this week. I am grateful for the friendship they shared. He did get to tell Bob he won Reserve Grand Champion Bantam at the Open Poultry Show Southeast Arkansas District Fair, a few weeks ago. This was a 3rd generation RIR...from the picture Bob posted...

The poultry world has lost a shining star and true Champion, as has his family and friends. My husband, Chuck, his partner in chickens, will dearly miss his friendship and calls. Zora, Chuck told me to tell you he will be staying in touch with you, on a weekly basis. May the Good Lord bless you and may the Good Lord shine His Light upon you..

Good Morning everyone,
Just wanted to say that it is sort of a dreary day here in Pa. The girls had their scarves around their necks this morning. Gee, they're even calling for snow flurries Friday. When it was so hot this summer it seemed to last forever but now it seems that winter is coming awful fast. lol Just can never be satisfied.
I hope everyone in the colder climates have everything prepared for the cold weather for the guys/gals. lol
I have a couple of things to do yet. If I didn't spend so much time on this silly computer I'd probably have it done.
Wishing all you folks that show the best of luck on the upcoming shows and hopefully you will get some pictures and post them and let us know how everyone does.
Let's keep this thread going. It is a wonderful place to meet up, ask questions, help each other etc
Good hearing from you Dan. You know I've always appreciated your input.
Jimmy

Hello Guys Just checking into say hello, Ive been so busy, my new shed is almost done, been putting the final touches on it, I really stepped it into high gear the last most, I hope everyone is Faring well this fall and wish my best to everyone, In the spring I will be READY for MANNNNNNNNNNNy HRIR i could easily fit over 100 birds in my new barn YAY. Will post pics soon

Aldo

P.s My deepest condolonces to the Blosl its hard loosing someone, I also lost my grand mother 4 weeks ago, whom raised me along with my parents,they will also be in my prayers..

Yes Jim thats the Gma I always talked to you about

Hello Guys Just checking into say hello, Ive been so busy, my new shed is almost done, been putting the final touches on it, I really stepped it into high gear the last most, I hope everyone is Faring well this fall and wish my best to everyone, In the spring I will be READY for MANNNNNNNNNNNy HRIR i could easily fit over 100 birds in my new barn YAY. Will post pics soon

Aldo

P.s My deepest condolonces to the Blosl its hard loosing someone, I also lost my grand mother 4 weeks ago, whom raised me along with my parents,they will also be in my prayers..

Yes Jim thats the Gma I always talked to you about
Good to hear that you are getting your new building finished up. Waiting for pic's.
It is a hard thing to cope with loosing loved ones.

I got a new cockerel shipped to me from Ron. Will take some pics sometime today!!

Oh and my girls from Ron that I got at the end of April are starting to lay. YAY!! The eggs start out as large eggs right from the start. There as big as my Leghorn eggs. Very nice. No waiting 1-2 months to have the right size eggs. My Hermitage Dellies started laying too and there eggs are small.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom