The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Hey all, this picture was taken in 2010 when I had some of PineGroves reds (his name is William but not sure about his last name)
anyway my daughter showed our pullet and won not only grand champion but champion over all. It was the most amazing feeling for her and us. We only ended up with this hen we named "Ruby" and she actually died of a respiratory infection.

Just wanted to show you all that I love this breed! Now we have 11 of Jim's heritage reds from the Underwood line. I am hoping to keep this breed and be well in the know and mostly preventative medicine so these guys are well their whole lives.

They are sure beautiful!!!

So that i might learn more, what are the reasons for the cull. Mine are not this far along yet, but I'm hoping to cut one out of the 3 roosters I have before the end of November.

Chris is usually joking about a Cock Bird like that being a cull. I am fairly sure that one one Best of Breed or higher recently.

Hey all, this picture was taken in 2010 when I had some of PineGroves reds (his name is William but not sure about his last name)
anyway my daughter showed our pullet and won not only grand champion but champion over all. It was the most amazing feeling for her and us. We only ended up with this hen we named "Ruby" and she actually died of a respiratory infection.

Just wanted to show you all that I love this breed! Now we have 11 of Jim's heritage reds from the Underwood line. I am hoping to keep this breed and be well in the know and mostly preventative medicine so these guys are well their whole lives.

They are sure beautiful!!!
William Bennett (pinegrove) where or who has your Bennett reds now? Just curious

Jeff

William Bennett (pinegrove) where or who has your Bennett reds now? Just curious

Jeff
I do not have anymore of his reds. I only had 5 hatch and had 4 roos and 1 hen! I had to get rid of the roos cause at that time we were within the city, so I just had this hen. Then the hen died of a respiratory illness.... :( We were so very sad. I have tried to contact William over the years and he has never written back. :( I wish I knew how to get a hold of him. Other then that now we have the Underwood birds and we are gonna be excited for another show year next year. YEAH!

Hello Aamanda,

I have noticed that you have deleted the photos of your well loved birds which you have posted. I understand the reasons, and am quite sorry that you were compelled to do so.

Your birds looked very loved, happy, well cared for, and living a nice life free ranging in a beautiful place.

It is always good to learn from the experts which you value the opinion of; and, do as many researches as you can, BUT, at the very end, follow your heart and share your life with the sentient beings which pleases you, and completes your life, and definitely not what someone else thinks, or believes.

Your bids which you have posted photos of may not be show quality, but, never the less they are lovely, innocent beings to enjoy, and enrich your life..

Lual
You are absolutely correct, if they give you pleasure then enjoy them to the fullest, and patiently wait till Spring to get you some real Reds. There are several on this thread you can drive to and get what you want, I thought I had bought the old timey Reds too but realized my mistake and now I have some Reds but do have my production reds for eggs. So I am happy, happy, happy.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom