The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

No not joking...didn't think I would have to research this. Lesson learned.learning experience. Yup
@chickenWill It is ok! A lot of people start off with production reds. The good news is that there are people on this thread that can help you get real RIRs.

I may go this route in spring.bator are full of gff orps..wife loves em. I prefer to hatch not purchase actual fluffies lol
I do too. Get on a list for Spring and you may need to drive to pick up the eggs. A lot of the RIR breeders do not ship eggs.

its o.k the same thing happend to me.
It's pretty sickening how many people in the world will blatantly lie about stuff like this just to make a fast buck. Luckily, there are also some good folks left, willing to help people out.
smile.png
Good luck with your search.

I may go this route in spring.bator are full of gff orps..wife loves em. I prefer to hatch not purchase actual fluffies lol
Hatching is so addictive. I can't wait for our HRIR eggs.
big_smile.png
Good luck with your search, too.

It's pretty sickening how many people in the world will blatantly lie about stuff like this just to make a fast buck.  Luckily, there are also some good folks left, willing to help people out.  :) Good luck with your search.

Hatching is so addictive.  I can't wait for our HRIR eggs. :D   Good luck with your search, too.
we have our bators running all year it seems...yep addicting. We say no more this year..a week later we fill one up haha

The Standard calls for the color of the eyes of a RIR to be "Redish Bay". Anything other than that would be incorrect. I have not heard of the birds with Amber eyes. Let me caution you first that there are people out there that say lots of things about the "Mohawk" line of RIR that have no idea what they are talking about. There are also people using that name as a selling point when the birds they have are not in fact from the Reese line.

Matt

I really need to get some pics of our birds posted. I would really like some input on them. They don't have red looking eyes. The are more goldish or what some might call amber. Other than that, they look like the Mohawks I've seen in pictures.

Back
Top Bottom