The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Quote:
Bob, wow, thank you! I must confess... I have no good RIR on my property. These are from a batch of 15 packing peanuts (all roo's), via Ideal Hatchery and McMurray. I have been watching them all grow out, and there is SUCH a difference in each of them. Very suprising to me. They would be from more production strain lines, as hatcheries seem to have. Some are bright fire enging red, some are vulture hocked, some are roach backed, some have thin ruler width bodies, but these three were the best looking out of all 15. Kind of a bit shocking, to me.

All of em are actually sloted for the freezer, but I think I might hold these three back for a while, and see how they mature in the next few months!

I appreciate the time you took to critique these birds for me, I was hoping my eye was not decieving me, in how I viewed these 3 boys. Thank You!!!

you can see they have crossed dark large fowl into thier lines maybe Mr. Fox did at Ideal. Look at the black in the beaks. You can see some dark feathers on the saddle.

Feed store Reds dont have color like this.

They are trying hard to be R I Reds. maybe score 90 points.

They are better than some pictures people send me.
bob

Bob, I just wonder what those first two birds pictured would look like at 8 months of age. I am finding that some of these RIR's just mature so late and just get better and better. However it is very hard for me to judge a bird unless I can pick it up -- got to look at it close and from all angles.
Roy

Just got me a pair of Standard RIR from Reese line and got me a pair of bantam RIR which I don't know which line they come from. Will be looking for some more RIR eggs so I can add to my group. I'll get Pics soon.

Who did you get your E W Reese large fowl from? They are very rare. May have some bantam eggs from E W Reese bantam line for you. bob

Last edited:
In Last Feb or March I will have rose comb and single comb eggs for LF Rhode island reds. The eggs will be mixed however.
If anyone wants to be put on a list I will have a limited amount of eggs.

Quote:
No idea what the guys name was.

here they are. How do they look?

4828_show_069.jpg

4828_show_077.jpg

4828_show_070.jpg

The RIR bantams :

4828_show_072.jpg

4828_show_073.jpg

Thanks for that information. Was the fellow that sold you the birds about 25 years old or was he a 60 year tall bald headed guy? Those are the only two who I know who may have these birds. Brian Simmons lives in Callahan Fla and should have showed his reds at the show. Do you know who had the best R I Red large fowl at the show? bob

Back
Top Bottom