The Hummingbird Haven

Pics
Glad to see this thread going again!

@Blooie I haven't seen any hummers here yet this year either. Hope you get some soon!

It's kinda seasonal, Debby! I always worry that I'll come in next hummingbird season and find that because it's not real active, it's been closed. But then I think about threads started in 2010, inactive for 8 years, then suddenly somebody posts asking what the OP did about the issue, and I quit worrying! :lau

@Blooie - Fingers crossed that the hummers come your way soon. I hope to see lots of photos!
:fl
I do something very similar- out where our two of four busiest feeders are, I sit in a lawn chair with my camera for hours and snap everything I can! I wear the same red shirt that I wear when I re-supply the feeders out of habit, so they are comfortable. My husband tells me they are all I ever take photos of. Can you blame me?
:idunno
They're so small, and they amaze me every time I see them! I can't count the videos or photos I have of one on a tree limb preening themselves. When I was a kid, standing at my Grandmother's feeders and having one calmly perched on my hand to have a sip of nectar was one of my favorite memories. When I think of them, I think of her!

Wanted to share a quick video we made to accompany an article about the Best-1 Hummingbird Feeder. This was BEFORE the crazy burst of Ruby-Throats we have now (they're in full nectar mode and putting weight on themselves up already)

Wanted to share a quick video we made to accompany an article about the Best-1 Hummingbird Feeder. This was BEFORE the crazy burst of Ruby-Throats we have now (they're in full nectar mode and putting weight on themselves up already)

Nice video! I use those type of feeders too. Very easy to clean, hummers love them too!

My feeders are emptying daily like there's no tomorrow! Lots of hummers! :)

I finally saw one (no photos though, sorry)! We had just hung 2 large baskets of geraniums on the front porch and one came right up.

So happy to see at least one!

I finally saw one (no photos though, sorry)! We had just hung 2 large baskets of geraniums on the front porch and one came right up.

So happy to see at least one!

You should be flooded with Rufus hummers migrating south! :)

You should be flooded with Rufus hummers migrating south! :)

That's a flood I wouldn't mind :D

We've already had the annual mosquito flood and are now entering the annual fly flood. A flood of hummers sounds pretty good!

That's a flood I wouldn't mind :D

We've already had the annual mosquito flood and are now entering the annual fly flood. A flood of hummers sounds pretty good!

:gigOh gosh Debbie, you can keep the mosquitoes and flys! :sick Let me send you some of my hummers, I must have 60+? I'm going through 1 gallon of feed a day. I can hardly keep up with them! Its all I do, make hummer feed! :barnie But I LOVE them so. :love

:gigOh gosh Debbie, you can keep the mosquitoes and flys! :sick Let me send you some of my hummers, I must have 60+? I'm going through 1 gallon of feed a day. I can hardly keep up with them! Its all I do, make hummer feed! :barnie But I LOVE them so. :love

And you just know they appreciate your efforts (at least I like to think they do :))!

Back
Top Bottom