The Incubator Thread

Seems like you need a 60 watt bulb and a better thermostat. If you don't have a good thermostat, I really doubt you will get anything to hatch.

Hi. So I was just wondering when is the earliest possible time to candle eggs for viability. 2 days?

Last edited:
When is the earliest possible time to candle eggs. 2 days?
there is no need to candle eggs until day 7. At day two there won't be much to see. At day 7 you will see some veining. If you are hatching dark brown eggs then you won't be able to see any thing at all just check the air bubble which will grow every week until the hatch. A diagram will help a lot with the air bubble. Also make sure you have a high powered flashlight or candler which you can get in a large animal store like coastal or on amazon for like $15. Good luck with your hatch! ;)

there is no need to candle eggs until day 7. At day two there won't be much to see. At day 7 you will see some veining. If you are hatching dark brown eggs then you won't be able to see any thing at all just check the air bubble which will grow every week until the hatch. A diagram will help a lot with the air bubble. Also make sure you have a high powered flashlight or candler which you can get in a large animal store like coastal or on amazon for like $15. Good luck with your hatch! ;)

Thanks a lot for the advice. I guess I'll have to restrain my hands from reaching for the eggs to candle them.

Help! precious chick hatch going south..unexpected humidity drop overnight (39)!
hit.gif
yolks shrank, chicks still moving 2 day till hatch!! bumped up humidity to 80% what else can I do?!!!!
th.gif

Help! precious chick hatch going south..unexpected humidity drop overnight (39)!
hit.gif
yolks shrank, chicks still moving 2 day till hatch!! bumped up humidity to 80% what else can I do?!!!!
th.gif
What do you mean "yolks shrank"? If they still have 2 days to go and haven't pipped yet 80% humidity is way too high. Lower it to around 65%.

Help! precious chick hatch going south..unexpected humidity drop overnight (39)!:hit yolks shrank, chicks still moving 2 day till hatch!! bumped up humidity to 80% what else can I do?!!!!:th

What do you mean "yolks shrank"? If they still have 2 days to go and haven't pipped yet 80% humidity is way too high. Lower it to around 65%.
X2 drop the humidity to around 65%

Back
Top Bottom