The Incubator Thread

Thanks for the answer. I want to resign from fan. The heating cable evenly spread under the eggs. Eggs will be placed under the ceiling of the incubator. There is a hot air from heater. In addition, the egg trays do not block the air flow. The incubator will be more insulated from the outside. I will do vents at the top and bottom to allow air to be exchanged. Water tank I still have to adjust the size.

I finished test the incubator.
Statistics:
the total number of eggs - 30,
empty eggs - 4,
died during hatching - 1,
live chickens - 25.

Last edited:
What kind of BIG hen you got that you set 30 eggs under?? How can she cover 30 eggs/24 now? Wow!

It ain't a big hen, just crazy, it is one of our barred rocks, the other hens contributed to that number until we screened the nest off. She wouldn't let us take them out but almost at end and she's doing pretty good job there

And no we did not set them under her

Last edited:
It ain't a big hen, just crazy, it is one of our barred rocks, the other hens contributed to that number until we screened the nest off. She wouldn't let us take them out but almost at end and she's doing pretty good job there

And no we did not set them under her
OOOOOOP's Good Luck!!!

Well I just finished up with these guys and yes I have a few more eggs but I had room in the incubator so I put in a dozen Russian Orloff eggs and this should keep me busy for a few more weeks and I have no idea what to put in after that
smile.png

So I am finishing up on my new grow out cage and yes there is wire on all six sides to keep out the critters ..

gander007
old.gif

looks good there gander.

This outta be interesting candling 42 eggs tonight, we didn't candle the ones under the hen as she's got our mean rooster terrified lol. the baby ducklings just got moved outside though so the broody hens are like, hmm lets go play momma at least they are settling down now they got babies out there to distract them even if they are ducklings lol

well braved checking under the hen 1 egg was all I got to candle and looks like anyday now. She beat the crap outta me for that but friend is worried she's not doing so well.

tomorrow candle the 42 in incubator that will be on day 10

[COLOR=008000]Hello and welcome to the incubator thread.Here you ask/answer/learn about everything you need to learn about incubating eggs.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=008000]Have fun!!!:lol: :hugs [/COLOR]

Hello. Haven't been on here in a while. Not sure if I'm on the right thread. I. Gonna ask anyway. OK. I'm new. Ish to incubating still. Got a new one. Put 48 eggs in. 3 hrs later went back and it was reading 41. 1st day of incubation. Do u chaps thing the eggswill be oOK? Oh......I forgot.....also. As I was trying to correct it. Went away for the night. And it went right down to 30-31. . so very hot. To l warm. :/ what do ya think?.

Hello. Haven't been on here in a while. Not sure if I'm on the right thread. I. Gonna ask anyway.
OK. I'm new. Ish to incubating still. Got a new one. Put 48 eggs in. 3 hrs later went back and it was reading 41. 1st day of incubation. Do u chaps thing the eggswill be oOK?
Oh......I forgot.....also. As I was trying to correct it. Went away for the night. And it went right down to 30-31. . so very hot. To l warm.
hmm.png
what do ya think?.
Hello and Welcome! Your eggs are probably ok if they did not stay at 41 very long. First thing you need to always do is turn on the incubator and get the temp set/stable before you add eggs---even if it takes 2 days----then add eggs. Did you get it right?

Hello and Welcome! Your eggs are probably ok if they did not stay at 41 very long. First thing you need to always do is turn on the incubator and get the temp set/stable before you add eggs---even if it takes 2 days----then add eggs. Did you get it right? Hi. River man
. They were hot for I would say 3 hours. 4 at very most.
Now I dont know. I live abroad. Now in the UK and my wife is looking after them. . I asked her if they were ok. She said yes. . I left the temp at 36-37. Thank-you for your reply. Craig

Back
Top Bottom