The Incubator Thread

Quote:
I am so sorry you are right so I will correct myself Ducklings ..

I just found my Khaki Campbell ducks nest this morning and it is not in a safe location even if it is secluded so I will be picking up the eggs in the next week and of course I will be posting about it when I pick up the eggs and place them in the incubator
smile.png

Good luck with your duckling hatch @Lamaremybabies
jumpy.gif

I am so sorry you are right so I will correct myself Ducklings ..

I just found my Khaki Campbell ducks nest this morning and it is not in a safe location even if it is secluded so I will be picking up the eggs in the next week and of course I will be posting about it when I pick up the eggs and place them in the incubator :)

Good luck with your duckling hatch @Lamaremybabies
 :jumpy

It's fine, no worries.

Awesome! I can't wait to see.
1f60a.png

Thanks. Same to you.

How much hatching do you plan to do? If I was going to do some decent hatching I would buy the incubator(Dickeys,GQF) without the hatching trays or no more than the one in the bottom. I have hatched 1000's and 1000's in the last year or so and have NEVER hatched in my incubators. My Incubators stay clean, the humidity stays the same, no readjusting etc. My Main incubator stayed on 24/7 for 17 months and was as clean 17 months later as it was 17 months earlier. I would hatch in the Styrofoam incubators till I could get/build a hatcher---but that's me. If I was only going to hatch a few along and along then I would just use the styrofoam incubators and save the $600/700. Styrofoam incubators will hatch good when properly set-up. I do not get as high of a hatch rate as a cabinet but a good hatch rate. I know people that have got nice cabinet incubators and still have a bad hatch rate after spending all that money. Just some free Info!!

I plan on keeping it running to sell chicks. I will also use styro to hatch as I use the same one for hatching now. I just do not want to have so many incubators sitting out and Cabnet would take less room. I like that it is set it and (almost) forget it.

hatch under the BR broody started to day, she's actually being quite tolerant of us but not the other hen that wanna looks, 7/24 have hatched but one died shortly after getting completely fluffed out

We used a circulated air incubator with a digital display and self turner. Per the manufacturer recommendations we kept the humidity about 60% and the temp about 100. The incubator was in our basement. We candeled on day 10 but other than that left them alone. Candeled again on day 18 and removed eggs and the turner, raised humidity to 65%. 2 hatched on day 21, one in the morning and the other later that afternoon, 2 more started piping. One hatched the next day. We removed all 3 and had them right beside the incubator to encourage the other chicks to hatch. Hopeful we left the incubator for a week further. Nothing

I think funwithchicks was saying after the 3 hatched they were left in the incubator for another week and no more hatched. Funwithchicks, Sooooooooooooooo many things can go wrong and cause that problem and I would need a Full report on what you done the entire time(21 days) to even be able to offer some "good" help. I could Guess and guess and probably not hit it right-----but to offer some help, tell me what happen with the first pip, how long before the second pip, third pip?  Did the 3 that hatched----hatch on time---day 21--and completely hatched on their own? How long did you wait before you took the first, second and third hatch out the incubator---after each one hatched???

2 hatched on day 21, one in the morning and the other later that afternoon, 2 more started piping. One hatched the next day.
Trying to figure out how you count days---- Do you know the actual date and app time you put the eggs in the incubator and the date they started hatching====If you do not know answer this for me--- if you put eggs in the incubator in the morning (tuesday) at 10 am---when is day 1?

Also on day 21 when the first 2 hatched did you open the incubator at all that day---for anything?

Last edited:
hatch under the BR broody started to day, she's actually being quite tolerant of us but not the other hen that wanna looks, 7/24 have hatched but one died shortly after getting completely fluffed out

Good Luck!! Looking under your broody like that during the hatch does not affect your hatch %??

first time broody, we will see as she still has 17 eggs under her. Was just a quick peek just in one area to remove the dead one anyway, and 3 more hatched after

by the way PD at 10 day check Saturday on that evil LG forced air 7/42 were questionable everyone else looked to be road runners lol. not one single clear

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom