The Incubator Thread

It's easy for me to tell you to start over because they aren't my eggs.

If you really are at 14 days you should at least be able to detect an opaque/black dot about 1/4" or greater in diameter (with or without veining). If you cannot detect even a dot within the egg then there's nothing there and I would start over. However, if even only 1 egg has started to develop then you'd get something out of this and I'd keep going for the 1, but you might want to get the most out of your incubator so you might want to start anew.

If those eggs are 14 days old-----you need to star over. Sorry

Just set some different eggs. Hopefully they take this time.

Good luck!
fl.gif
Here's a pretty good duck candling chart also!

Any way to keep baby chicks seperate in a styrofoam incubator after they hatch? My brother is buying incubator today with egg turner and fan from TSC. We are going to hatch from 3 different hens of same breed but want to keep track of who came from who.....

Any way to keep baby chicks seperate in a styrofoam incubator after they hatch? My brother is buying incubator today with egg turner and fan from TSC. We are going to hatch from 3 different hens of same breed but want to keep track of who came from who.....

Take out the turner and put in dividers. Kern

Do your home-work on the TSC Styrofoam incubators before you set it with eggs. Make sure you get a extra thermometer and humidity meter because the built in ones are usually way off. Trying to keep them separated can be a job----even after they come out the incubator you will have to keep them separated or in different brooders too.

Back
Top Bottom