The Incubator Thread

Regular Ducks usually hatch in 28 +/- Days---according to the temp and other things. From internal to hatch, a few minutes, to a few hours even a day??? That again has a lot to do with the egg, the temp, etc----some might pip on day 26 some on day 27/28--again according to how the temp has been running as well as everything else during the incubation. Good Luck

Well mine I can' seem to get over 99.1 degrees, They are Pekin eggs, and the humidity is 51 percent which i also can't seem to get any higher.

Well mine I can' seem to get over 99.1 degrees, They are Pekin eggs, and the humidity is 51 percent which i also can't seem to get any higher.
OK, I reply to so many people so I do not remember what type incubator you are using? Are you using Built in meters---like thermometer and meter for humidity. Humidity is increased by adding more water surface----not depth---filling extra trays etc. Temp should increase by turning up the thermostat?

Last edited:
OK, I reply to so many people so I do not remember what type incubator you are using? Are you using Built in meters---like thermometer and meter for humidity. Humidity is increased by adding more water surface----not depth---filling extra trays etc. Temp should increase by turning up the thermostat?

It's a still air incubator.
I have all of the water channels full to the very brim and I has a wash cloth that I dipped in water in there
hmm.png

Also my bedroom is a lot warmer than the room they are currently in, is it safe to move them to my bedroom quickly? or should I just leave them? I on' want to risk harming them.

It's a still air incubator.
I have all of the water channels full to the very brim and I has a wash cloth that I dipped in water in there
hmm.png

Also my bedroom is a lot warmer than the room they are currently in, is it safe to move them to my bedroom quickly? or should I just leave them? I on' want to risk harming them.

Have you used a different thermometer and humidity meter to check yours? I would not move it unless I had to-----you can take several wash clothes and or hand towels and wrap around the sides of the incubator----leaving one side a little above the table so it still has air flow under it---let these towels or clothes slightly go over the top edge---not blocking any vent holes-----doing this should cause it to increase in temp, but you will need to monitor it closely for a few hours to make sure the temp does not climb to high.

Have you used a different thermometer and humidity meter to check yours? I would not move it unless I had to-----you can take several wash clothes and or hand towels and wrap around the sides of the incubator----leaving one side a little above the table so it still has air flow under it---let these towels or clothes slightly go over the top edge---not blocking any vent holes-----doing this should cause it to increase in temp, but you will need to monitor it closely for a few hours to make sure the temp does not climb to high.

I haven't checked it with a different thermometer or hydrometer. Just the built in one. I'll add a few more towels to get the humidity higher and try to make sure nobody turns the air on. The highest it's gotten ever was 99.6 and that was when is was 88 in my house.

I haven't checked it with a different thermometer or hydrometer. Just the built in one. I'll add a few more towels to get the humidity higher and try to make sure nobody turns the air on. The highest it's gotten ever was 99.6 and that was when is was 88 in my house.

I "FEEL" your thermometer is way off. If you have your thermostat turned all the way up----you probably got some dead eggs. Never go by the built in meters in these incubators---until you check them with a accurate thermostat to make sure they are right. About every built in meter in the incubators of friends, etc that I can think off---was way off.

Last edited:
I "FEEL" your thermometer is way off. If you have your thermostat turned all the way up----you probably got some dead eggs. Never go by the built in meters in these incubators---until you check them with a accurate thermostat to make sure they are right. About every built in meter in the incubators of friends, etc that I can think off---was way off.

Yeah.... I mean when I was readin the manual it did say that the hydrometer and thermometer do have a tendency to be a little bit off.

Yeah.... I mean when I was readin the manual it did say that the hydrometer and thermometer do have a tendency to be a little bit off.

Yea----"a little bit" I had a friend that bought 3 of the Styrofoam ones from tractor supply-----built in meters etc. The temp was off 6 degree's on 2, fried the eggs---you could have probably put them under water and the humidity would not get above 50%----she lost over 120 eggs on her first attempt with these incubators. She was so mad--she should have checked the built in meters-----If you are using the built in ones----yours are probably wrong too!!

Yea----"a little bit" I had a friend that bought 3 of the Styrofoam ones from tractor supply-----built in meters etc. The temp was off 6 degree's on 2, fried the eggs---you could have probably put them under water and the humidity would not get above 50%----she lost over 120 eggs on her first attempt with these incubators. She was so mad--she should have checked the built in meters-----If you are using the built in ones----yours are probably wrong too!!

I got the exact same incubator... Yikes. I mean I did candle them and three were moving around and stuff so hopefully they hatch ok.

Back
Top Bottom