The Incubator Thread

And you should keep eggs at around 37.8 degrees celsius or 100 farenheit. You can keep eggs in the fridge for up to 2 weeks before you start incubating them.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kenley-Aut...or-Chicken/dp/B012OJ3TXY/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brinsea-Mi..._SR157,160_&psc=1&refRID=EFD1FVXREZ1NM1EJ33P3

I love these two, they hatch 12 and 10 eggs and have automatic turning systems, humidity + temperature measurements and are cheap.
And you should keep eggs at around 37.8 degrees celsius or 100 farenheit. You can keep eggs in the fridge for up to 2 weeks before you start incubating them.

Help!

So I have a duck egg in my bator along with a bunch of other eggs that I took from my girls because they weren't doing a very good job. anyways I've never made it this far without losing my eggs because my bator used to read incorrectly and over heat.. But I got new parts and it has been great. Anyways one of my eggs internally pipped two days ago and I tapped on the shell and the duckling was moving but I noticed I never heard any peeping. Anyways it's two days later and there's still no external pip but the duckling is still moving and it sounds like it's trying to get out, but I still don't hear any peeping just movement. I've never done this what do I do? I don't want to cause any harm to it but I'm getting worried.

Help!

So I have a duck egg in my bator along with a bunch of other eggs that I took from my girls because they weren't doing a very good job. anyways I've never made it this far without losing my eggs because my bator used to read incorrectly and over heat.. But I got new parts and it has been great. Anyways one of my eggs internally pipped two days ago and I tapped on the shell and the duckling was moving but I noticed I never heard any peeping. Anyways it's two days later and there's still no external pip but the duckling is still moving and it sounds like it's trying to get out, but I still don't hear any peeping just movement. I've never done this what do I do? I don't want to cause any harm to it but I'm getting worried.

I would recommend popping over to this incubating thread for specific hatching help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help/6390#post_17333810

Usually after an internal pip, they will externally pip within 48 hours (for ducks. -- chickens are usually within 24 hours). So if its been a full 2 days, it may be time to consider creating a safety hole, if you are inclined to do so.

I would recommend popping over to this incubating thread for specific hatching help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help/6390#post_17333810

Usually after an internal pip, they will externally pip within 48 hours (for ducks. -- chickens are usually within 24 hours). So if its been a full 2 days, it may be time to consider creating a safety hole, if you are inclined to do so.

Alright thank you. I'm gonna check out the article and probably wait until tonight to see if there are any changes.

@@@@@@
Which is best thermostat in three image above? want to order from Amazon UK to tanzania

Thanks stryker lets me try have STC 1000
But let me ask again for big size like fridge, can i use only one thermostat with two bulb or what easy for me to do better with this first attempt.....

Thanks stryker lets me try have STC 1000
But let me ask again for big size like fridge, can i use only one thermostat with two bulb or what easy for me to do better with this first attempt.....
I have the STC1000 in a cabinet incubator and it works great. The wire to the sensor is long enough if mounted to the side or front of the fridge you can fine that sweet spot to keep even temps. I believe it has a 4-6 foot long wire to the probe. I would measure it for you but my incubator is currently in lockdown. You will of course as you know need to have enough air movement to help circulate the warm air. I have my STC1000 connected to a 225 watt coil heating element with two 110CFM fans and it does great. On my last incubator the STC1000 was attached to a 150 and a 100 watt light outlet. I just had to find that spot to place for the probe to get steady temps. I had it for about 2 years. I wish I knew about the other temp sensors that you posted but I have no experience with them.
That will be a nice looking incubator when done. You will only need one thermostat and I got mine off of Amazon. Keep sending pic as you go..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom