The Incubator Thread

I had the same thought, i do like the idea, wouldnt it be great if incuview or brinsea or the other big time manufacturers actually incorporated a led light into each eggtray that actually worked for internal candeling -that would be pretty awesome!!!
1f609.png
1f609.png
1f609.png

Last edited:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Digital-56-Eg...ltry-w-Testing-Light-/291421929248?nav=SEARCH

Has anyone seen or used this type of incubator? I like the idea of a built in light for candeling inside of the incubator however im afraid this is just another low quailty Chinese ebay item that wont hatch successfully

I have that incubator. The candling feature is useless since it's shining into the pointy end and it lights up everything so there is no contrast anyway (meaning, if you were actually candling, everything would be dark except the light that is concentrated/cupped to only shine into the egg). It's a decent incubator though. I used it for several hundred chicks and keets this year. I do use a different hatcher, though

Last edited:
I have that incubator. The candling feature is useless since it's shining into the pointy end and it lights up everything so there is no contrast anyway (meaning, if you were actually candling, everything would be dark except the light that is concentrated/cupped to only shine into the egg). It's a decent incubator though. I used it for several hundred chicks and keets this year. I do use a different hatcher, though

Ha! I never even thought about the lights being shined into the pointy end...duh! :D

Who has a little giant still air 9300? The one with a red coil box that heats the incubator? I found on on craigslist to cheap to pass up. Ive ran it overnight everything works, but the thermometer i put in there is reading 102 and the themoetor on the incubator reads 99.5. Ive tried removing the red plugs turning the incubator down to 95, nothing is working, is there a way to adjust the thermostat on the incubator on this one, i read a manual that said something about a screw under a wafer but this model doesnt have one, just this red coil box????

Who has a little giant still air 9300? The one with a red coil box that heats the incubator? I found on on craigslist to cheap to pass up. Ive ran it overnight everything works, but the thermometer i put in there is reading 102 and the themoetor on the incubator reads 99.5. Ive tried removing the red plugs turning the incubator down to 95, nothing is working, is there a way to adjust the thermostat on the incubator on this one, i read a manual that said something about a screw under a wafer but this model doesnt have one, just this red coil box????

I had one like this. I gave it away.

Does it have the plastic sheet with temp probe attached? had a lot of issues with it moving on turner and hatched chicks moving it.

I removed plastic and zip tied wires so it held at egg level. helped a little.

the one I had had temp spikes, and up to 5 degree differences in the corners.

my guess on this was because the heater is offset and not centered.

had to set temp on bator 104 to 105 To maintain 101 to 102 on top of eggs. gauges are iffy at best. I checked temps with brinsea spot check

these were just some of the issues with the one I had.

I also have the 10300 with the fan not much better. just gonna try and use as a hatcher.

Last edited:
Hi! Looking for an incubator with the best bang for your buck. Interested in hatching probably 50 or so eggs, but will get one smaller or larger if it's a better deal.

Thanks, Daisy

Depends on your price range.

100 dollar range. LG or farm innovators

200 dollar range. 1588 genesis (styro) with turner 40 egg.

Brinsea eco 20. 2o egg hard plastic.

400 - 500. Brinsea 40. Of brinsea 20 adv.

600 plus gqf 1502 or dickies cabinets.

Best "bang for the buck" in the $50 range is the GQF Hovabator Genesis. This one is much better than the other styrofoam incubators.
The other one I would look at is the one made by Incubator Warehouse. I personally have never used one, so I give "the edge" to the Genesis when making recommendations.

If you have a little larger budget, the new Maxi series from Brinsea is worth a look. Check out brinsea.com

Back
Top Bottom