The Journal of The Quackers

New Arrivals
Yesterday, We picked some new additions, (no, no more ducks
hmm.png
)
We got .................................

pharaoh-coturnix-quail.jpg

Coturnix Quail!!!
(That picture isn't mine, It's off the internet because the camera wasn't working) Oh, they're SO cute!!! And all grown up (which isn't very big) Ha-ha and one of the girls laid in egg in the car on the way home!
We've never had quail before, so this is a new adventure. The Quackers haven't met the quail yet, maybe soon. Speaking of which. The Quacker girls still haven't laid any eggs
hmm.png
hmm.png
hmm.png
hmm.png
. Hurry up girls! Yesterday I put a chicken egg in their house, to show them, "This is where you lay them". So just waiting, and waiting, and waiting.....
Oh, yes the quails names are Otto, Pip, and Pop. ( I didn't name them) So, welcome quails!!! (I'll give pictures when the camera decides to work)
-The Duck Lady

Last edited:
New Arrivals
hmm.png
)

Coturnix Quail!!!
(That picture isn't mine, It's off the internet because the camera wasn't working) Oh, they're SO cute!!! And all grown up (which isn't very big) Ha-ha and one of the girls laid in egg in the car on the way home!
We've never had quail before, so this is a new adventure. The Quackers haven't met the quail yet, maybe soon. Speaking of which. The Quacker girls still haven't laid any eggs
hmm.png
hmm.png
hmm.png
hmm.png
. Hurry up girls! Yesterday I put a chicken egg in their house, to show them, "This is where you lay them". So just waiting, and waiting, and waiting.....
Oh, yes the quails names are Otto, Pip, and Pop. ( I didn't name them) So, welcome quails!!! (I'll give pictures when the camera decides to work)
-The Duck Lady
Congrats on your quails Otto, Pip and Pop

Contests
This part isn't really about the Quackers. My contests are over in two days. They got some good entries. I'll probably start some more, which I'll take recommendations/prizes for. I'm also entering some contests (Trying to get a Golden Feather Membership
big_smile.png
). I've entered a caption contest https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1113671/official-byc-caption-contest-06-13-2016-pic-by-skink , A Recipe contest https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-recipes-win-a-byc-cookbook/100#post_17205296 , And I'm still looking for more to enter. Know for things more Quackers related;
I let them run around in the weeds (which have been mowed shorter, but still have leaves, and bugs) and them I led them back. They were going pretty fast when we got closer to their house, and one duck flew a little, the others flapped their wings, but didn't fly, but one of the Khakis flew more than any of them ever have, she was up about four feet and flew for about 2 yards. Good job girl!!! (now please lay some eggs!)Bye!

-The Duck Ladie

Last edited:
New Arrivals
hmm.png
)

Coturnix Quail!!!
hmm.png
hmm.png
hmm.png
hmm.png
-The Duck Lady
woot.gif
Congrats! I love the name Otto!

Contests
This part isn't really about the Quackers. My contests are over in two days. They got some good entries. I'll probably start some more, which I'll take recommendations/prizes for. I'm also entering some contests (Trying to get a Golden Feather Membership
big_smile.png
). I've entered a caption contest https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1113671/official-byc-caption-contest-06-13-2016-pic-by-skink , A Recipe contest https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-recipes-win-a-byc-cookbook/100#post_17205296 , And I'm still looking for more to enter. Know for things more Quackers related;
I let them run around in the weeds (which have been mowed shorter, but still have leaves, and bugs) and them I led them back. They were going pretty fast when we got closer to their house, and one duck flew a little, the others flapped their wings, but didn't fly, but one of the Khakis flew more than any of them ever have, she was up about four feet and flew for about 2 yards. Good job girl!!! (now please lay some eggs!)Bye!

-The Duck Ladie
Cool! My Khaki flies pretty well, too, so maybe it's the breed?

Thx for the reminder about the contests!

More Contest
I'm gonna talk a bit more on contests, (The Duck haven't done anything new really, Mae flew pretty far out of the pond though, but other than that they're being ducks! Lovable, beautiful, goofy, WONDERFUL Ducks! The Quail are doing good! We're getting an egg once a day from one of them). Anyway, as I told you I entered a caption contest. it ended ( I didn't win ), but I entered the new one ( Still trying to get a Golden Feather ). If you want to see my entries they are on pages 1&4 https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...27-2016-pic-by-auroradream26/30#post_17224331 . Speaking of Caption Contests mine ended, I'll choose the winners when I get some time. I'll start some new contests soon! I wish I had some prizes, but no donations yet! Oh, well. They're fun anyway! hope you (And your ducks) have a great day!!!

- The Duck Ladie

More Contest
I'm gonna talk a bit more on contests, (The Duck haven't done anything new really, Mae flew pretty far out of the pond though, but other than that they're being ducks! Lovable, beautiful, goofy, WONDERFUL Ducks! The Quail are doing good! We're getting an egg once a day from one of them). Anyway, as I told you I entered a caption contest. it ended ( I didn't win ), but I entered the new one ( Still trying to get a Golden Feather ). If you want to see my entries they are on pages 1&4 https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...27-2016-pic-by-auroradream26/30#post_17224331 . Speaking of Caption Contests mine ended, I'll choose the winners when I get some time. I'll start some new contests soon! I wish I had some prizes, but no donations yet! Oh, well. They're fun anyway! hope you (And your ducks) have a great day!!!

- The Duck Ladie
Yeah, caption contests are so much fun! Hope you can get your GF!
What are quail eggs like? I hear they're good for baking. Is that true?

Back
Top Bottom